Options
2»

Comments

• meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    meena1 said:

i am not sure if you read my
    i am not sure if you read my post, but i also have had a reoccurence, and so has Chen. We are all going to fight this together. I have already had my first dose of chemo on Thursday. I know what to expect, so i am not scared. What is your treatment plan? take care, and pray

oh yes, i also wanted to let
    oh yes, i also wanted to let you know that i was diagnosed with bone mets 2 years ago, i was being treated with Zometa, and infusion drug until this latest setback. Bone mets are supposed to be very treatable, I have not had any problems with that and i just had a bone scan. So, get out and enjoy the weekend, the summer, the sun. Love Life. i am heading to the beach soon, i will watch the waves and float away. Love Meena
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    So sorry to hear, Barb
    It seems like when it rains, it pours! I'm all for keeping in touch and venting as opposed to shutting myself out from the world. What were your symptoms, how did you suspect something was not right? Did you have pain?
    I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers and please keep us updated!
    Hugs and hope,
    Pammy
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    So sorry to hear, Barb
    It seems like when it rains, it pours! I'm all for keeping in touch and venting as opposed to shutting myself out from the world. What were your symptoms, how did you suspect something was not right? Did you have pain?
    Hugs and hope,
    Pammy
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

So sorry to hear, Barb
    Hugs and hope,
    Pammy

My prayers and thoughts are with you.
    Please keep us udated....

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Options
    Skeezie said:

My prayers and thoughts are with you.
    Please keep us udated....

Hugs, Judy :-)

Keeping you in my prayers and
    thoughts! Take care and try to be positive - we are all here for you - keep us posted.
    much love,
    Jenny
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Barb, I'm so sorry for you.
    Barb, I'm so sorry for you. Please try to keep your chin up, post as often as you need and remember there are many prayers and cyber hugs always available.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    natly15 said:

Barb, I'm so sorry for you.
    Barb, I'm so sorry for you. Please try to keep your chin up, post as often as you need and remember there are many prayers and cyber hugs always available.

Please keep us updated on
    Please keep us updated on how you are doing! We are all here to support and help in whatever way we can!
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    I have bone mets (diagnosed
    I have bone mets (diagnosed April 2009) and so far so good. I am on zometa once a month and arimidex. Completed radiation last year. I am feeling really good and my markers are very close to normal. Just wanted to let you know that there is life after metastasis. You are in my thoughts and I am sending lots of healing vibes your way!
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Barb... I'm so sorry... My
    Barb... I'm so sorry... My heart just breaks that anyone should have to take to the fight again... but you will.. and you will prevail!

♥ & hugs,

~T
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    So sorry............
    Not much I can add..........Even though most of us have never met face to face I think we all feel a strong connection to one another, what hurts one, hurts us all......we're all walking in the "same shoes".......have walked the same mile......have felt the same emotions......Words can be hollow, but it's the best we have to offer one another.....so with that, I wish you well.....I wish you peace.......know that you are not alone in this walk, I know that isn't much help but it comes from the heart.........

Hugs to you.....
    Nancy
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Guess what I found???
    Being that we are in this boat together...I want you to know I found a hidden supply of Life-Vests, and I want to make sure you get one of them. The funny thing is, the instructions say "Best Success When Used While Holding The Hand Of The Survivor Next To You"! So hold out your hand, I need to intertwine my fingers in yours!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Guess what I found???
    Being that we are in this boat together...I want you to know I found a hidden supply of Life-Vests, and I want to make sure you get one of them. The funny thing is, the instructions say "Best Success When Used While Holding The Hand Of The Survivor Next To You"! So hold out your hand, I need to intertwine my fingers in yours!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

It's there..........
    Hope you can feel our hands in yours......hold on tight and inflate that life vest!

Peace be with you
    Nancy
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    @$#^%*&-ing Cancer!
    Am so very, very sorry, Barb. We're here for you, you know that.

Too many - ONE would be too many! - new recurrence posts over the past several days.

As Chen posted - you 2nd-timers hold hands. The rest of us have formed a protective circle of heartfelt hope and prayer around you.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    DebbyM said:

I am so sorry Barb.
    I am so sorry Barb. New Flower is right about treating with rads as far as I know.

Sending you prayers and hugs!

I am so deeply sorry.
    I am so deeply sorry. Sending you prayers!

♥ Kristin ♥
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Venting and Vests and Watching Waves
    Barb, I'm glad that you didn't stay in bed and shut yourself off. Have you already strapped on a life vest with Chen and Meena? Hand in hand, you three can stay afloat however choppy the waters.

Cynthia's information and Meena's have hopefully helped you to feel more positive about treating the bone recurrence. I do have a friend who's being treated for an unknown cancer first discovered in his hip. He received radiation and is getting maintenance chemo, including Cisplatin. All this has not stopped him from traveling to Dallas to see Elvis Costello and then to Colorado for a family reunion, and having a good time, judging from his photos.

Wishing you the best and sending positive thoughts,
    Moopy
  • karinna
    karinna Member Posts: 42
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Venting and Vests and Watching Waves
    Barb, I'm glad that you didn't stay in bed and shut yourself off. Have you already strapped on a life vest with Chen and Meena? Hand in hand, you three can stay afloat however choppy the waters.

Cynthia's information and Meena's have hopefully helped you to feel more positive about treating the bone recurrence. I do have a friend who's being treated for an unknown cancer first discovered in his hip. He received radiation and is getting maintenance chemo, including Cisplatin. All this has not stopped him from traveling to Dallas to see Elvis Costello and then to Colorado for a family reunion, and having a good time, judging from his photos.

Wishing you the best and sending positive thoughts,
    Moopy

Barb, I'm sorry to hear
    Barb, I'm sorry to hear about your recurrance. I agree with many others - don't isolate yourself. I did just that for months and it was a mistake. We need others. We need friends. We need prayer warriors and pink warriors. We need each other.

You are in my prayers. Please keep us posted.
    Karinna
  • karinna
    karinna Member Posts: 42
    Options
    meena1 said:

oh yes, i also wanted to let
    oh yes, i also wanted to let you know that i was diagnosed with bone mets 2 years ago, i was being treated with Zometa, and infusion drug until this latest setback. Bone mets are supposed to be very treatable, I have not had any problems with that and i just had a bone scan. So, get out and enjoy the weekend, the summer, the sun. Love Life. i am heading to the beach soon, i will watch the waves and float away. Love Meena

Meena, I am so sorry to be
    Meena, I am so sorry to be writing this to you too! Ughhhh. You sound amazingly strong and I truly appreciate that courage you have. You are an inspiration. Oh, and the dog picture is really cute too!! Your doggie?

I will add you to my prayer list, along with the others.
    Continued strength and peace to you,
    Karinna