Last chemo treatment was monday

jd1224
jd1224 Member Posts: 15
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Finally!!!!! 4 rounds of a/c dose dense chemo every 2 weeks followed by that darn shot the day after. Welll, I DID IT!!! I have to tell you it was the toughest thing i have ever done and i dreaded my last treatment because the 3 before were so, so bad. Guess what? I felt fine after the final chemo Monday. I swear they gave me a placebo... no nausea, no severe headaches, no lying in a a chair for days. I felt somewhat normal? I don't know how it happened. Maybe it was all of my pink warriors and a big prayer circle but by gods grace i was spared this last time. Surgery is next for me and then onto radiation. I feel like its finally moving forward and there is a light at the end of all of this darkness. Thank you all for giving me this forum to chat and vent and just be scared of what we all fear together. Thank you ladies. I will keep you all posted on my progress. LOVE TO ALL.

Comments

• bjmom1
    bjmom1 Member Posts: 152
    happy 4 you
    I am happy that your last treatment went well. It nothing like finish that last chemo treatment so you can start moving ahead to your next journey. Good Luck and u are in my prayer.

Barb
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Congratulations
    I'm glad the last went well. As the days pass you'll feel so much better.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Don't you feel wonderful
    Don't you feel wonderful just knowing that the chemo is done....I know I did. I'm happy to read that your last treatment has not included all of the "negative" side effects. Now, just rest up and prepare for your surgery. You're coming down the home stretch now. Way to go!!
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    JD
    Great news - I know it has to feel wonderful to have the chemo behind you (and without the side effects - WOO HOO!!) Rest up and get ready for your surgery and you'll have one more step behind you - we will all be thinking about you and wishing you a speedy recovery!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

JD
    Great news - I know it has to feel wonderful to have the chemo behind you (and without the side effects - WOO HOO!!) Rest up and get ready for your surgery and you'll have one more step behind you - we will all be thinking about you and wishing you a speedy recovery!

You did it!
    I am so happy for you! Congratulations!!
  • TawnyS
    TawnyS Member Posts: 144 Member
    So happy for you!
    Congrats! I am extremely happy that you did get that last round of AC. I know it has been tough on you and I am so glad you are through it! I am so so so proud of you! : )
  • GayleMc
    GayleMc Member Posts: 311 Member
    TawnyS said:

So happy for you!
    Congrats! I am extremely happy that you did get that last round of AC. I know it has been tough on you and I am so glad you are through it! I am so so so proud of you! : )

Way to go.
    Way to go. Congratulations!!!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    GayleMc said:

Way to go.
    Way to go. Congratulations!!!

Congratulations jd!
    Congratulations jd!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    laurissa said:

Congratulations
    I'm glad the last went well. As the days pass you'll feel so much better.

Congrats on the end of
    Congrats on the end of chemo! Have a great weekend!

Sue :)
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Megan M said:

Congratulations jd!
    Congratulations jd!

Thrilled for you! Big
    Thrilled for you! Big Congratulations! Have a great weekend celebrating this good news!