Comments

• Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    m-star said:

Christine~
    i have another

Christine~

i have another fill next week and im pretty sure it will be may last. Not through my choice,but they only put 300ml TE's in me and my next fill should take me to 450ml (a 50% overfill!!!!!!)

Don't think they'll risk any more than that but will see.

Hope it goes great
    Is that a current picture of you? I'd say you look great and gracefully curvy!
  • contrail
    contrail Member Posts: 129
    Options
    Nipple Construction
    I can't believe how timely this conversation is for me. I just had the second round of reconstruction surgery this last Tuesday. I had a DIEP Flap surgery in December on my right side where I had had the mastectomy, and after several setbacks with abdomen problems where they took the tissue, etc. for the flap, I finally was able to get onto phase 2. It was a three hour surgery where they evened my left side up with my right, got rid of the "dog ears" on my abdomen and did some refining on the flap itself. The surgery went great and I was home that night, but I have another drain. Hopefully that will come out this next week. Now I'm looking ahead to nipple construction and tattooing. I had no idea how they made the nipple, so this is all very interesting. I was leaning toward no nipple and just the tattooing. This procedure that you're discussing sounds like something I could handle, but I sure don't want any skin grafting. I guess my next step is to see what my PS says. Right now, I'm just trying to recoup from the latest surgery.

This is exactly why I love this discussion board. I don't get on very often, but when I do, I always find answers to the questions and problems I might be having. Thanks ladies! You truly are my sister/angels. Connie
  • SamuraiMom
    SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295
    Options
    contrail said:

Nipple Construction
    I can't believe how timely this conversation is for me. I just had the second round of reconstruction surgery this last Tuesday. I had a DIEP Flap surgery in December on my right side where I had had the mastectomy, and after several setbacks with abdomen problems where they took the tissue, etc. for the flap, I finally was able to get onto phase 2. It was a three hour surgery where they evened my left side up with my right, got rid of the "dog ears" on my abdomen and did some refining on the flap itself. The surgery went great and I was home that night, but I have another drain. Hopefully that will come out this next week. Now I'm looking ahead to nipple construction and tattooing. I had no idea how they made the nipple, so this is all very interesting. I was leaning toward no nipple and just the tattooing. This procedure that you're discussing sounds like something I could handle, but I sure don't want any skin grafting. I guess my next step is to see what my PS says. Right now, I'm just trying to recoup from the latest surgery.

This is exactly why I love this discussion board. I don't get on very often, but when I do, I always find answers to the questions and problems I might be having. Thanks ladies! You truly are my sister/angels. Connie

My new lids coming to a theater near me...;)
    Hi Contrail,

I had one last visit at the doc today to make sure that strange "vein" on top wasn't going to be an issue this Saturday before we press forward with my new "lids". :)

The "vein" was actually a ripple moving around from the silicone implant.

THAT was new.

Just something you live with apparently with implants.

OOOOkaaaay. Well, I guess that's just one of those things you learn to live with.

Good news is that this ripple seems to show up right where the nipple is going to be so I think it's a mute point.

Trying not to think about the procedure too much. I've definitely been through worse but I've been so comfortable in this no surgery zone since March.

xxoo,

SamuraiMom
  • cvolk821
    cvolk821 Member Posts: 36
    Options
    Yup. I've got'em
    I just got my new nipples on May 27. I just got the stitches out on Wednesday. They are very cool, and look downright sexy under a t-shirt. I get my tatoos on July 20. It didn't hurt at all. Plastic Surgeon says if they flatten out on me just let him know and he'll do an injection to perk them up and get them back to waving to Jesus. Apparently, women with perfectly healthy breasts get this injection to perk up their nipples. OUCH! At least I couldn't feel it at all.
  • SamuraiMom
    SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295
    Options
    cvolk821 said:

Yup. I've got'em
    I just got my new nipples on May 27. I just got the stitches out on Wednesday. They are very cool, and look downright sexy under a t-shirt. I get my tatoos on July 20. It didn't hurt at all. Plastic Surgeon says if they flatten out on me just let him know and he'll do an injection to perk them up and get them back to waving to Jesus. Apparently, women with perfectly healthy breasts get this injection to perk up their nipples. OUCH! At least I couldn't feel it at all.

Thanks everyone!
    Going in tommorrow for my new "lids".

I SO appreciate everyone's love and support!

I'll post the photos on my website Sunday.

Off we go!

xxoo,
    SamuaraiMom
    www.mymastectomyonline.com
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

Thanks everyone!

Off we go!

xxoo,
    SamuaraiMom

Good luck tomorrow Samuarai
    Good luck tomorrow Samuarai Mom with your surgery!

Hugs, Megan
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options

Thanks everyone!

Off we go!

xxoo,
    SamuaraiMom

Good luck Samurai!

Good luck Samurai!
  • contrail
    contrail Member Posts: 129
    Options

Thanks everyone!

Off we go!

xxoo,
    SamuaraiMom

Good Luck
    Good Luck tomorrow and let us know how everything goes. Connie
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Balentine said:

My reconstruction will be done next summer
    I am going to have muscle sparing free tram flap surgery next summer so I will keep this nipple reconstruction technique in mind when I have mine. Since I did not finish chemo until just last month, the plastic surgeon told me I could not being reconstruction until August but I will be going back to work at school in August so I am waiting until next summer to have mine done. I am looking forward to it of course but not looking forward to the recovery of 4-6 weeks with 3 drains. I have a whole year to get mentally and emotionally ready for another surgery though so I am sure by that time I will be ready.
    Lorrie

Wishing you good luck today
    Wishing you good luck today with your surgery!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    contrail said:

Good Luck

I am very interested on how it goes .. that will be my next
    step in breast reconstruction ....Looking forward to your update.

Good Luck and get plenty of rest when possible .. I know you have 2 young daughters ..

Vicki
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    contrail said:

Good Luck

Wishing you good luck today
    Wishing you good luck today with your surgery.
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Options

Thanks everyone!

Off we go!

xxoo,
    SamuaraiMom

Thinking of you
    Hope you are doing great today!! We're thinking of you. You are very generous to post photos -- thanks.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

Thinking of you
    Hope you are doing great today!! We're thinking of you. You are very generous to post photos -- thanks.

Hoping your surgery went
    Hoping your surgery went well!

♥ Noel