Options
2»

Comments

• rene9
    rene9 Member Posts: 214
    Options
    Balentine said:

I did not lose my eyelashes
    I never did lose my eyelashes and only lost some of my eyebrows. My sparse hairs are getting longer but the thickness has not kicked in yet so you can still see my scalp and as I have said...until I cannot see my scalp, I will be wearing my scarves. Lets not think about the time....just live one day at a time and do the best we can...that is all any of us can do. God is in control and He engineers our circumstances. WE have to trust Him.
    Lorrie

Hi-
    I am seeing more action going on up there. More peach fuzz! I can see short hair like a buzz cut but still not thick enough to hide my scalp. I was told that hair follicles go to sleep and I could tell that did happen. I can now tell they are waking up and sprouting. Of course, I'm watching and waiting! What's going on with everyone else? Oh and I have 9 more days of rads!

rene9
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    rene9 said:

Hi-
    I am seeing more action going on up there. More peach fuzz! I can see short hair like a buzz cut but still not thick enough to hide my scalp. I was told that hair follicles go to sleep and I could tell that did happen. I can now tell they are waking up and sprouting. Of course, I'm watching and waiting! What's going on with everyone else? Oh and I have 9 more days of rads!

rene9

Maybe fuzz
    My last chemo was 6 weeks ago, so it may be too early to hope for regrowth. Not all the stubble fell out and that's all I can really feel. But maybe -- maybe -- there's a bit of fuzz in between the harsh stubbles. I still appear totally bald.

When asked, I say my scalp may be covered with hair by Christmas. They all say surely it will be much sooner. What are they basing this on, wishful thinking? Of course, everyone is tired of my cancer and wants me to be normal right now.

How long ago was your last chemo, rene9? Congrats for having the end of rads in sight!
  • Emilyfimily
    Emilyfimily Member Posts: 141
    Options

Maybe fuzz
    My last chemo was 6 weeks ago, so it may be too early to hope for regrowth. Not all the stubble fell out and that's all I can really feel. But maybe -- maybe -- there's a bit of fuzz in between the harsh stubbles. I still appear totally bald.

When asked, I say my scalp may be covered with hair by Christmas. They all say surely it will be much sooner. What are they basing this on, wishful thinking? Of course, everyone is tired of my cancer and wants me to be normal right now.

How long ago was your last chemo, rene9? Congrats for having the end of rads in sight!

10 week post chemo hair photo
    Hi there. My last one was 11 weeks ago, and I took a picture at 10 weeks and just posted it to my expressions. I *still* have a lot of visible scalp. I'm thinking a full head of hair for Christmas, too. I've heard a lot of people say they've got a suitable buzz cut by week 6, but I sure didn't. Glad I saw your posts on here - I thought for a while I was the only one! Hope we all have more growth soon! (: Take care,
    Emily
  • rene9
    Options

Maybe fuzz

Heeey!
    Hey, my last chemo was 9 weeks ago. And finally my family can see the fuzz getting longer and thicker. I'm sure we'll have a head full by Christmas. I've been told by September...we'll see. And yes 5 more rads! And still no lotions and the plastic surgeon says my expander is looking good too!

rene9
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    rene9 said:

Heeey!
    Hey, my last chemo was 9 weeks ago. And finally my family can see the fuzz getting longer and thicker. I'm sure we'll have a head full by Christmas. I've been told by September...we'll see. And yes 5 more rads! And still no lotions and the plastic surgeon says my expander is looking good too!

rene9

I agree with allthe ladies .. It's so slow in coming back
    I believed and was lead by my oncology staff that .. once chemo stops, hair covers your scalp overnight .. Seriously. They LIED.

I did not have rad's .. cuz I had a bi-lateral mac'ty - but hair started to appear .. closed shaved - like a Marine reporting to duty - 8 to 10 weeks after my last chemo treatment. My hair grew in different spots on my scalp .. uneven.

Every time I dream, I have sholder length hair .. Funny, huh!

Vicki Sam
  • Balentine
    Balentine Member Posts: 393
    Options
    VickiSam said:

I agree with allthe ladies .. It's so slow in coming back
    I believed and was lead by my oncology staff that .. once chemo stops, hair covers your scalp overnight .. Seriously. They LIED.

I did not have rad's .. cuz I had a bi-lateral mac'ty - but hair started to appear .. closed shaved - like a Marine reporting to duty - 8 to 10 weeks after my last chemo treatment. My hair grew in different spots on my scalp .. uneven.

Every time I dream, I have sholder length hair .. Funny, huh!

Vicki Sam

Mine took 6 weeks after chemo
    By then my scalp was covered enough that I felt secure enough to go with no head covering. It looks like a babies hair coming in but I was surprised that my hair grew that fast. I told myself that once I can no longer see my scalp then I would go without the covering. Most people told me 3 months so I feel blessed that mine came in so fast.
    Lorrie
  • rene9
    Options
    Balentine said:

Mine took 6 weeks after chemo
    By then my scalp was covered enough that I felt secure enough to go with no head covering. It looks like a babies hair coming in but I was surprised that my hair grew that fast. I told myself that once I can no longer see my scalp then I would go without the covering. Most people told me 3 months so I feel blessed that mine came in so fast.
    Lorrie

Lucky Balentine!
    Yes, I'm 9 weeks out and I have that marine look. My sides seem a little shorter but otherwise it looks pretty even. I have a friend who is 10 weeks post chemo and the top of her scalp is pretty much covered. She said in 2-3 weeks she'll get a tape and go wigless!I've been told that the 3 month mark will be exciting and I may be able to go without any head covering. Ummmmm! That's next month so we'll see. At least we can say it is growing and we can see it coming!

rene9