Options
2»

Comments

• maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    PhillieG said:

Craig
    Glad you found the forum, you've been an inspiration to us all.
    -p

Craig
    the board is a richer, warmer, Bigger place because you are here.....

mags
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I LOVE your posts! This one
    I LOVE your posts! This one really needs to go in your book. I love the eloquence of your writing and YOU are such a treasure.

We love you Craig... and yes, we're semi's forever!!

Love and Hugs,

Holly
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options
    HollyID said:

I LOVE your posts! This one
    I LOVE your posts! This one really needs to go in your book. I love the eloquence of your writing and YOU are such a treasure.

We love you Craig... and yes, we're semi's forever!!

Love and Hugs,

Holly

My Lion!
    The first thought I had of you was you reminded me of a Lion, who just roared and praised and had answers to make everyone happy, and feeling good. You are king of the forest to me, and always will be, sheepish at times, loud at times, funny all the time, you just know how to make me smile, and not alot of people can do that, at a time when I don't feel like smiling, but I do anyway, I love to smile, and hope I put a smile on people's faces as well.

I had to welcome you to the board, you were just posting away, and knew we had someone special in you, and I had to open a post for you. You took my breath away with your comforting words, and felt like I had a "tell it like it is" partner in you. I love when you open posts like these, makes me feel like I'm already reading chapters in your book! I think a book is the thing that will pull you out of a funk, and make you someone you were always meant to be... a friend to everyone, no matter who they are, what they are, what they have, or don't have..you're just there, and that's one of my most comforting thoughts, is that I have you as that special someone in my life who will always be there through thick and thin, I will always love you AND your wife, because your wife Kim is a special someone as well, and so glad she is in your life as well. She been through, well I should say our caregivers have been through just as much as us, and we will keep going through everything together, we are semi's forever!!!

Hugsss and Loveeee,
    ~Your Chicky!
  • Devasted
    Devasted Member Posts: 185
    Options
    Shayenne said:

My Lion!
    The first thought I had of you was you reminded me of a Lion, who just roared and praised and had answers to make everyone happy, and feeling good. You are king of the forest to me, and always will be, sheepish at times, loud at times, funny all the time, you just know how to make me smile, and not alot of people can do that, at a time when I don't feel like smiling, but I do anyway, I love to smile, and hope I put a smile on people's faces as well.

I had to welcome you to the board, you were just posting away, and knew we had someone special in you, and I had to open a post for you. You took my breath away with your comforting words, and felt like I had a "tell it like it is" partner in you. I love when you open posts like these, makes me feel like I'm already reading chapters in your book! I think a book is the thing that will pull you out of a funk, and make you someone you were always meant to be... a friend to everyone, no matter who they are, what they are, what they have, or don't have..you're just there, and that's one of my most comforting thoughts, is that I have you as that special someone in my life who will always be there through thick and thin, I will always love you AND your wife, because your wife Kim is a special someone as well, and so glad she is in your life as well. She been through, well I should say our caregivers have been through just as much as us, and we will keep going through everything together, we are semi's forever!!!

Hugsss and Loveeee,
    ~Your Chicky!

Thanks for your help, so glad you are here!
    Craig,

Thanks for helping me through some very dark days, when I didn't know what to expect you would gently guide me. This diease is terrible and it is so comforting to know we can come here and get "words of wisdom" from everyone. I can't tell you how much it has helped me!

The last couple weeks have been rough for us, but we're getting by, thanks to everyone here.

Please keep up the great work, Craig! You're great!
    I always enjoy your posts. How is your book progressing?

Devasted
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to send hugs...
    I am sorry, Craig, I haven't had time to read all of this post. I fell and put my back out on Tuesday, and forgot how much pain I can be in...sigh...Vicodin to the rescue!!!

So, in the interim....I wanted to say how proud I am to know you!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    Thank You Everyone!!!
    You are all so very kind to me - thank you for your rousing support and deep sentiments:) Being here with you all has made it all worthwhile.

pluckey
    Peggy, as soon as I can make it to the Chicago area - I'm looking you up, sweetheart. Hope you are sitll recovering nicely from your liver resection. You light up my life whenever I see you post....make me smile this big ((SMILE))

khl8
    Kathy, I appreciate your support, as always...I know you're road is hard as well...and thank you for being open and responding to my earlier posts...marriage is tough even without cancer...but we're probably better off with them than without...thanks for everything.

lesvanb
    Leslie, I miss you when you're away but love it when you can come here. We've shared many deep thoughtful conversations. I know things have not been easy for you at times, but you make me smile as well. "Ride On" will be our theme and our connection forever.

SueRelays
    Sue, how nice to finally meet you. I do stop by the Anal board sometimes, to see if I can be of any help there. JoAnne is a dear friend to me and I'm so proud of all of you for having a place that is unique for your concerns. Love to see you hear too! Thank you for your kind words, they mean alot to me.

lisa42
    You make me smile too:) I certainly appreciate you as well. Seeing how you were on my first post, was no surprise to me - you are always there for so many of us - that's you being you! And I would not want it any other way - love you with all my heart - you are a shining example of perservance and determination.

LivinginNH
    Cynthia, I appreciate your support in your replies - you are always there with an encouraging post and I thank you. It's been great getting to know you.

SandyL
    Mama Sandy, I know I better do it right before you take a switch to me - I can't sneak around too much with you on duty, LOL:) Thank you for caring so much and taking such a sincere interest in me - it feels so good to have people think about you. You are a dear friend to me as well.

Baldwin
    What beautiful things that you said:) Made my eyes leak - I really do appreciate what you said. I've not gone 5-years without recurrence, but 5 years with no recurrence in the colon is significant to me as it lessens my chances of recurrence as long as I stay vigilant with scopes and testing. And clinically, 2 years no recurrence with the liver is a good indicator and sets the stage through year 5. Take care and I'm glad I've been able to help you.

FFML
    我 爱 你! You've always been so very sweet to me and I treasure our relationship. Look forward to the day when we meet and exchange hugs. Hope you and hubby are doing wonderfully and you are never too far from my thoughts.

JDuke
    JoAnne, I recongized something in you immediately:) So glad, I could walk along with you on your journey and I appreciate all of your support and glad I was able to help you some.

just4Brooks
    Brooks, appreciate everything - know it's rough for you right now, but I know you'll come through it. As you say, "Just know it will be alright." Best of luck on your move to Oregon and continued recovery and best wishes.

coolvdub
    Don, so glad to have you back among us again after your hiatus. Your post brought it home to me why I spend as much time here as I do - folks like you make the many hours melt away and make it all worthwhile. Thank you for some really deep introspection and thought - I'm glad I've been able to help you see things in a new way.

AnneCan
    Anytime I need a boost, I know that Anne will be along with just the right thing to say. Thank you for always being there for me - and for everyone else here on the board - you are a harbor in the storm that we can all count on:)

mscolon
    Mary, how nice getting to know you - I've found your thoughts on many subjects very interesting and gives me room to think on a great many things. You may be "virtual" but you are real to me. Thank you so much for all of your support and kind words.

sheri22
    Great having you back as well - you've always been so kind and sweet to to me:) Thank you for everything!

theresa8
    I have followed your story and posted to you - makes me feel so good to see you here and am glad you had a "cancer free" day - those slices of life are the ones we need from time to time to recharge our batteries and get us ready for the next round. Continued good luck to you.

tootsie1
    My dearest, Gail - one of the sweetest women in the whole wide world:) You took a shine to me from the beginning and I'm blessed that you did. Still no France in the forecast here - after all, how could I leave you behind here - I'd miss the sweet things you have to say to me:)

Annabelle
    Sweet Kim, you have always been one of the ones, who has made me feel so welcome. Broke my heart to see you go for awhile, but completely understood, just missed you. I know things are rough right now, but they were for me too and that's why I understand what's happening to you. I treasure you and one day we're going to look back and reminisce over this and realize how far you actually came - look forward to that day - until then, hang in there, sweetheart, you are one for the ages:)

idlehunters
    Jennie, how dark my days would be if you were not there to light it up - you keep me up at night wondering what you are getting into next, LOL:) Was great to meet you and Niki when you were here - next time take me and wonderwoman to the game, LOL:) Seriously, thanks for being a dear friend and look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Phil
    You've inspired me with your courage and tenacity - took me a time or two to understand this NY'er, but once I peeled back the layers, I found a genuinely deep thinking fellow who also has alot to say. Been my pleasure knowing you. Love ya', bud.

Maggie May
    Your "nickname" if you have not already guessed - how wondeful it was to meet you when you came back recently after your hiatus. I certainly appreciate you too, as you've been at this for the same length of time I have and that's saying something. I'll miss you while you are away for the summer - but will be here when you get back. And we'll always have "Fredericksburg."

HollyID
    Always something good to say when I think of Holly - you are so supportive and I've enjoyed getting to know you. Know I made you mad one day - but to know me is to love me and I'm not the easiest man to love, LOL:) Thank you for your support and kindness.

Shayenne
    ((Lion Hugs His Chicky)) You, my dear, are special and I knew it from Day One. I've enjoyed getting to know, talking to you and sharing your thoughts - you've been such a good friend to me and I can't imagine my life without you in it:) I've enjoyed our playful banter - brings me real childlike joy and shivers to hear from you and read what you have to say - you melt my heart and make it go pitter-patter. The world is a better place for you being in it.

Devastated
    When I see your name, I'll always come runnin' to help you if I can - know you and hubby have had a rough go of it - if I know anything, you will be the first to know. Regardless, I'm glad to be here with you and I appreciate all the support you have given to me.

KathiM
    Dear Kathi, you are the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow:) Your spirit and attitudes on life can get anybody moving. When I think of Kathi, I think of a smiling woman, full of life, with this great big smile on her face - it's contaigous, which is good, we all need to "catch that bug" LOL:) Thank you for using me for your "patients" - I hope it can be of benefit to them in their fights - and thank you for taking the time to help so many. One day, if I grow up, I would like to be like you:)

Well, that's a wrap - just could not let such beautiful thoughts go by without a personal response - nothing else would do IMO. You are all a treasure to me and after a year, you are so much ingrained in my life, that I cannot think of my life without you guys in it. You have meant that much to me. I hope I know you my whole life - whatever happens though, your memory and your spirit will reside in me until my last breath.

Thanks so much for reading and responding - you know how much that means to me!

-Craig
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Sundanceh said:

Thank You Everyone!!!
    You are all so very kind to me - thank you for your rousing support and deep sentiments:) Being here with you all has made it all worthwhile.

pluckey
    Peggy, as soon as I can make it to the Chicago area - I'm looking you up, sweetheart. Hope you are sitll recovering nicely from your liver resection. You light up my life whenever I see you post....make me smile this big ((SMILE))

khl8
    Kathy, I appreciate your support, as always...I know you're road is hard as well...and thank you for being open and responding to my earlier posts...marriage is tough even without cancer...but we're probably better off with them than without...thanks for everything.

lesvanb
    Leslie, I miss you when you're away but love it when you can come here. We've shared many deep thoughtful conversations. I know things have not been easy for you at times, but you make me smile as well. "Ride On" will be our theme and our connection forever.

SueRelays
    Sue, how nice to finally meet you. I do stop by the Anal board sometimes, to see if I can be of any help there. JoAnne is a dear friend to me and I'm so proud of all of you for having a place that is unique for your concerns. Love to see you hear too! Thank you for your kind words, they mean alot to me.

lisa42
    You make me smile too:) I certainly appreciate you as well. Seeing how you were on my first post, was no surprise to me - you are always there for so many of us - that's you being you! And I would not want it any other way - love you with all my heart - you are a shining example of perservance and determination.

LivinginNH
    Cynthia, I appreciate your support in your replies - you are always there with an encouraging post and I thank you. It's been great getting to know you.

SandyL
    Mama Sandy, I know I better do it right before you take a switch to me - I can't sneak around too much with you on duty, LOL:) Thank you for caring so much and taking such a sincere interest in me - it feels so good to have people think about you. You are a dear friend to me as well.

Baldwin
    What beautiful things that you said:) Made my eyes leak - I really do appreciate what you said. I've not gone 5-years without recurrence, but 5 years with no recurrence in the colon is significant to me as it lessens my chances of recurrence as long as I stay vigilant with scopes and testing. And clinically, 2 years no recurrence with the liver is a good indicator and sets the stage through year 5. Take care and I'm glad I've been able to help you.

FFML
    我 爱 你! You've always been so very sweet to me and I treasure our relationship. Look forward to the day when we meet and exchange hugs. Hope you and hubby are doing wonderfully and you are never too far from my thoughts.

JDuke
    JoAnne, I recongized something in you immediately:) So glad, I could walk along with you on your journey and I appreciate all of your support and glad I was able to help you some.

just4Brooks
    Brooks, appreciate everything - know it's rough for you right now, but I know you'll come through it. As you say, "Just know it will be alright." Best of luck on your move to Oregon and continued recovery and best wishes.

coolvdub
    Don, so glad to have you back among us again after your hiatus. Your post brought it home to me why I spend as much time here as I do - folks like you make the many hours melt away and make it all worthwhile. Thank you for some really deep introspection and thought - I'm glad I've been able to help you see things in a new way.

AnneCan
    Anytime I need a boost, I know that Anne will be along with just the right thing to say. Thank you for always being there for me - and for everyone else here on the board - you are a harbor in the storm that we can all count on:)

mscolon
    Mary, how nice getting to know you - I've found your thoughts on many subjects very interesting and gives me room to think on a great many things. You may be "virtual" but you are real to me. Thank you so much for all of your support and kind words.

sheri22
    Great having you back as well - you've always been so kind and sweet to to me:) Thank you for everything!

theresa8
    I have followed your story and posted to you - makes me feel so good to see you here and am glad you had a "cancer free" day - those slices of life are the ones we need from time to time to recharge our batteries and get us ready for the next round. Continued good luck to you.

tootsie1
    My dearest, Gail - one of the sweetest women in the whole wide world:) You took a shine to me from the beginning and I'm blessed that you did. Still no France in the forecast here - after all, how could I leave you behind here - I'd miss the sweet things you have to say to me:)

Annabelle
    Sweet Kim, you have always been one of the ones, who has made me feel so welcome. Broke my heart to see you go for awhile, but completely understood, just missed you. I know things are rough right now, but they were for me too and that's why I understand what's happening to you. I treasure you and one day we're going to look back and reminisce over this and realize how far you actually came - look forward to that day - until then, hang in there, sweetheart, you are one for the ages:)

idlehunters
    Jennie, how dark my days would be if you were not there to light it up - you keep me up at night wondering what you are getting into next, LOL:) Was great to meet you and Niki when you were here - next time take me and wonderwoman to the game, LOL:) Seriously, thanks for being a dear friend and look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Phil
    You've inspired me with your courage and tenacity - took me a time or two to understand this NY'er, but once I peeled back the layers, I found a genuinely deep thinking fellow who also has alot to say. Been my pleasure knowing you. Love ya', bud.

Maggie May
    Your "nickname" if you have not already guessed - how wondeful it was to meet you when you came back recently after your hiatus. I certainly appreciate you too, as you've been at this for the same length of time I have and that's saying something. I'll miss you while you are away for the summer - but will be here when you get back. And we'll always have "Fredericksburg."

HollyID
    Always something good to say when I think of Holly - you are so supportive and I've enjoyed getting to know you. Know I made you mad one day - but to know me is to love me and I'm not the easiest man to love, LOL:) Thank you for your support and kindness.

Shayenne
    ((Lion Hugs His Chicky)) You, my dear, are special and I knew it from Day One. I've enjoyed getting to know, talking to you and sharing your thoughts - you've been such a good friend to me and I can't imagine my life without you in it:) I've enjoyed our playful banter - brings me real childlike joy and shivers to hear from you and read what you have to say - you melt my heart and make it go pitter-patter. The world is a better place for you being in it.

Devastated
    When I see your name, I'll always come runnin' to help you if I can - know you and hubby have had a rough go of it - if I know anything, you will be the first to know. Regardless, I'm glad to be here with you and I appreciate all the support you have given to me.

KathiM
    Dear Kathi, you are the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow:) Your spirit and attitudes on life can get anybody moving. When I think of Kathi, I think of a smiling woman, full of life, with this great big smile on her face - it's contaigous, which is good, we all need to "catch that bug" LOL:) Thank you for using me for your "patients" - I hope it can be of benefit to them in their fights - and thank you for taking the time to help so many. One day, if I grow up, I would like to be like you:)

Well, that's a wrap - just could not let such beautiful thoughts go by without a personal response - nothing else would do IMO. You are all a treasure to me and after a year, you are so much ingrained in my life, that I cannot think of my life without you guys in it. You have meant that much to me. I hope I know you my whole life - whatever happens though, your memory and your spirit will reside in me until my last breath.

Thanks so much for reading and responding - you know how much that means to me!

-Craig

France
    *smiles* I'm glad you're not planning on "going to France." I need you here!

*hugs*
    Gail