Poopmiester Brooks

RickMurtagh
RickMurtagh Member Posts: 587 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I just got caught up (I think) on the forums and have not seen anything about how you are doing since returning home from the hospital with the blockage.
How are you doing? I hope better than I have been the last few days. Your takedown was a few weeks prior to mine and I have been looking to you for poo-inspiration and so far nada. Really, I hope things have been getting better!

Comments

• Mchapp
    Mchapp Member Posts: 95
    Ditto
    I had my take down on 5/13.....boy am I really fatigued....but the "plumbing" is all working well. I am STILL on a soft GI diet - and other than over doing it yesterday - all has been okay - but I do get fatigued very quickly...

Are either of you experiencing fatigue?

I have been on a few outing this past week...I just don't eat 2-3 hours before we go somewhere - I just drink lots of H2O while I am out...then eat when I get home...the area where the stoma was is healing very slowly....still have to change the bandage 2-3 times a day - it weeps....and I am sure it is healing slowly - due to my white counts still under 3...

Hope you boys are recovering at a good pace...I know I am a little afraid to eat too much, or go off the soft GI diet - and have "accidents"

Michelle
  • RickMurtagh
    RickMurtagh Member Posts: 587 Member
    Mchapp said:

Ditto
    I had my take down on 5/13.....boy am I really fatigued....but the "plumbing" is all working well. I am STILL on a soft GI diet - and other than over doing it yesterday - all has been okay - but I do get fatigued very quickly...

Are either of you experiencing fatigue?

I have been on a few outing this past week...I just don't eat 2-3 hours before we go somewhere - I just drink lots of H2O while I am out...then eat when I get home...the area where the stoma was is healing very slowly....still have to change the bandage 2-3 times a day - it weeps....and I am sure it is healing slowly - due to my white counts still under 3...

Hope you boys are recovering at a good pace...I know I am a little afraid to eat too much, or go off the soft GI diet - and have "accidents"

Michelle

Fatigue
    I have definitely been fatigued, loss of appetite and significant weight loss (fortunately I still have some I can afford to lose).

It seems when things are going well and i am able to eat well, the fatigue is lessened. I just spent a week in CO visiting my daughter, son-in-law and grandson and the trips to Red Rocks, Garden of the Gods and other places where awesome, I had to take naps almost every day to keep up.

When I am awake I never have accidents, but have occasional urgency, which could become a problem. I do have to wear Depends every night as almost every morning I have a present that needs my attention first thing.

So far every thing has healed nicely (my stoma site is completely healed, but it looks to me looking down, that I have two belly buttons). I think it took two weeks for my stoma site to completely scab over and another week for the scab to fall off and just leave a scar.