FAVORITE MOVIE..lots of shy people here. come out and post

Options
13»

Comments

• DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

I absolutely adore Gilda
    I absolutely adore Gilda Radner. Couldn't agree with you more on that one Carkris. Madeline Kahn, Mel Brooks, and Cloris Leachmen are my other favorites! Eddie Murphy is a hoot too!
    BL

Yes, the old SNL reruns are
    Yes, the old SNL reruns are great! So funny!
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    DebbyM said:

Yes, the old SNL reruns are
    Yes, the old SNL reruns are great! So funny!

Thanks again. Lots of good
    Thanks again. Lots of good movies, some i had forgotten about. Ok, i have water, new jammies, food, 2 new books, and movies. Still need underwear. Thanks
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181
    Options
    Movie
    My favorite movie is gone with the wind.None of my family likes it.
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Gone With The Wind
    As a matter of fact, my mother calls me Scarlett, because, she says, things always turn out ok for me - hope she's right!

Also, Summer Magic and Bye Bye Birdie (can't help it) Mildred Pierce. And Susan Hayward movies. Bette Davis movies. Rock Hudson & Doris Day. Silly romantic comedies. Watching the Long, Long Trailer with my hubby.

And Gran Torino - wow!

The list could go on and on - I LOVE movies!!!

Sue
  • jphilpo
    jphilpo Member Posts: 177
    Options
    movies
    I am a big mystery lover! I love all the Agatha Christie movies and Alfred Hitchcock films.
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    Favorites!
    There are so many out there. My personal favorites...

For just silly funny - Nacho Libre (Jack Black is just funny)
    Romance ahhhhh....Everafter with Drew Barrymore

Someone mentioned Faulty Towers - really funny. I LOVE british humor ;)
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    sea60 said:

Favorites!
    There are so many out there. My personal favorites...

For just silly funny - Nacho Libre (Jack Black is just funny)
    Romance ahhhhh....Everafter with Drew Barrymore

Someone mentioned Faulty Towers - really funny. I LOVE british humor ;)

Movies
    I also laughed my way through "It's Complicated". Great movie. My oncologist had stacks of tapes and DVD's so there was always a choice to see. I'm bad on remembering names but while in Chemo I saw the one about the girl in the Walmart store and one with Adam Sandler about a remote control? But my favorite's are The American President with Michael Douglas, and I could watch over and over the whole TV Mini-Series, North and South with Patrick Swayze. I also love Moonstruck, You've Got Mail, Sleepless in Seattle, Dirty Dancing, 27 Dresses, Titanic, and Runaway Bride (which was filmed in Berlin, MD where my Mom lives, as was Tuck Everlasting.)
    Pat
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Movies
    The best "get well" gifts I received were gift certificates to AMC. My husband and I have been going to a new movie every two weeks since my diagnosis and surgery in March. I have chosen comedies and romantic themed movies, not wanting to see anything sad or violent. Recently we saw "Letters to Juliet" and "Sex in the City". We went to see "Jersey Boys" on Broadway the weekend before my surgery, a gift from my daughter.
    My all time favorite movie is "Lady and the Tramp" followed by "Dumbo" and "Ole Yellar".
    Love the tv reruns: Keeping up appearances, Scrubs, MASH, Seinfeld,SNL The Golden Girls etc.
    K
  • GregStahl
    GregStahl Member Posts: 188
    Options
    Aside from
    Saving Private Ryan and other guy type movies....50 First Dates was really good.
  • Cindy Ann
    Cindy Ann Member Posts: 101
    Options
    Cindy Ann said:

Favorite Movies
    My all time can watch it over and over again is Midnight in The Garden of Good and Evil. Filmed in my favorite place Savannah Ga.It has everything a good ghost story, romance, and a mystery. I also love Steel Magnolias. My best friend named her daughter Shelby( I of course suggested it) after one of the charactors in the movie. Also for a good laugh Fried Green Tomatoes, and Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood. Oh yes, if your having a day where you just want to sing out loud Mama Mia is your pick that day. Love those Abba songs..You are now seeing were my real roots lie now.. Southern. But not living there now. Hope that gets you off too a good start also love the other ladies movie picks..

I Forgot One!
    Tied for 1st place is the original Cinderella(not the animated one)with Midnight In the Garden of Good and Evil. Someone reminded me of Cinderella and my connnection with her today..
    How can I have forgotten?

Cindy Ann
  • Jennifer1961
    Jennifer1961 Member Posts: 137
    Options
    The Princess Bride, When
    The Princess Bride, When Harry met Sally, the Goodbye Girl, It's a Wonderful Life.