Eclectic Post (rant)

Options
Boxgoalie
Boxgoalie Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Young Cancer Survivors #1
Hey everyone.
First off, I apologize for the A.D.D.ness of my post...
Semi-new to the board. I've been reading through the relationship experiences that some of you have had when diagnosed. I went through the same thing, girlfriend of 2 years dropped me like a bad habit 2 days before my first surgery, come to find she was already with a new guy the following week. I do feel like it's extremely hard to find that person that can be there for you through the really tough times and that someone that can pick you up when you fall. But, it is what it is, and I guess a blessing in disguise. I have no idea how to get back in the game of dating because I do feel like I will end up being someones burden.
It's weird writing to people that I can relate to, I almost feel awkward doing it, not used to it quite yet, guess I have to get that me against the world mentality out and gone. I feel like you can only rely on friends and family for so long though, because I feel in their eyes it becomes repetitive, I know it's not true but there is that part of me that feels guilty for relying on them, I don't really know how to describe it or if anyone else has felt that way. Anyway, sorry again for the quality of the post, look forward to talking with some of you guys and gals in the future.

-Scotty