Navelebine, vinebine

Options
frankie310
frankie310 Member Posts: 17
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
Does anyone have any info on this drug . My mom will be on it . This is a new course of treatment they felt the carbo/gemzar caused platlets to drop to much . We are worried about the neuropathy mostly she is 70 and is nervous about trying it. Any info will be appreciated

Comments

• clsmith
    clsmith Member Posts: 76
    Options
    Navelbine
    I had cisplatin/navelbine. I dont think the navelbine caused me problems but I did have side affects from the cisplatin. I think any chemo can cause neuopathy-be sure to ask her dr. Best wished to both of you Cindy
  • frankie310
    frankie310 Member Posts: 17
    Options
    clsmith said:

Navelbine
    I had cisplatin/navelbine. I dont think the navelbine caused me problems but I did have side affects from the cisplatin. I think any chemo can cause neuopathy-be sure to ask her dr. Best wished to both of you Cindy

Thanks Cindy pet scan is
    Thanks Cindy pet scan is today so I hope all is ok. Best wishes to you too .Jean
  • stayingcalm
    stayingcalm Member Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Chemo drugs
    This is a great site for info about different chemotherapies. Here you can find what a chemo is for, how it's given, what the common, less common and rare side effects are, any special precautions, self-care during use. I look things up here all the time. It's a website started by Scott Hamilton (the skater): Chemocare.com. A great reference tool.