PCOS and breast cancer, NED

4slurpee
4slurpee Member Posts: 41
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone,

I met with my oncologist today and he was very interested as I am the first patient of his who has polycystic ovary syndrome and breast cancer in his 20 years. According to his net research PCOS put me at a higher risk for breast cancer. His concern is that PCOS may also put me at a higher risk for uterine cancer, which would be a double hit, with the Tamoxifen. Does anyone else have PCOS who has heard of this or has any information on the relationship of any of these topics?

Oh, and by the way, I am dancing with NED now too! Woo hoo!

Thanks!

Comments

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Hurray for you
    I don't have answers for any of your questions -- I just got excited that you're dancing with NED.

Enjoy,
    Victoria
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    aisling8 said:

Hurray for you
    I don't have answers for any of your questions -- I just got excited that you're dancing with NED.

Enjoy,
    Victoria

I just want to congratulate
    I just want to congratulate you on NED! That is great!

Hugs, Diane
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    aisling8 said:

Hurray for you

Enjoy,
    Victoria

Interesting I have a friend
    Interesting I have a friend who is an 18 year survivor, and she has PCOS . She was on tamoxifen for 5 years without issues. Congrats on dancing with Ned!!!
  • 4slurpee
    4slurpee Member Posts: 41
    I am excited too!
    Thanks everyone! I am excited to be dancing with NED too! Just hoping he is a smooth dancer for many years!

I am also glad to hear your friend has been a survivor for so long with no issues. I am glad my oncologist is so thorough and explains things very well and is watching out for me but sometimes it gets a little overwhelming and worries me. I came home and slept three hours I was so exhausted after today's doctor's appt.

If anyone out there has info., I am listening.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    4slurpee said:

I am excited too!
    Thanks everyone! I am excited to be dancing with NED too! Just hoping he is a smooth dancer for many years!

I am also glad to hear your friend has been a survivor for so long with no issues. I am glad my oncologist is so thorough and explains things very well and is watching out for me but sometimes it gets a little overwhelming and worries me. I came home and slept three hours I was so exhausted after today's doctor's appt.

Big congrats!
    NED is a very smooth dancer! Congrats Slurpee on having him as your partner!

Sue :)
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    carkris said:

Interesting I have a friend who is an 18 year survivor, and she has PCOS . She was on tamoxifen for 5 years without issues. Congrats on dancing with Ned!!!

Congratulations Slurpee on
    Congratulations Slurpee on NED!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Congrats on your NED status.
    Congrats on your NED status. That's what we are all trying to achieve. Take care.
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Congrats on your NED status.
    Congrats on your NED status. That's what we are all trying to achieve. Take care.

Congrats 4slurpee on such good news!

♥ Kristin ♥
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    carkris said:

Congrats on NED! Wonderful
    Congrats on NED! Wonderful news!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    4slurpee said:

I am excited too!

I wish someone here had some
    I wish someone here had some information for you Slurpee. Maybe they will see this post again and reply to you!

Sue :)