After the chemo therapy is over,

2Floridiansisters
2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
and your hair grows back, is it just like the same hair you had before, or does it change in anyway at all? Like the texture and color?

Thanks ladies for getting me through this,

Ronda

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Ronda, I am just in the
    Ronda, I am just in the "growing back" phase. I finished my last chemo infusion in October '09. At first it seemed like my hair was growing back just as straight as it was before chemo. Now, I have more wave than I have ever had. The color was the same, salt and pepper, but that is easily rectified with a little color. Several ladies have had their hair come back in curly. I have read that even if your hair is "different" in texture within 18 months it's usually back to the hair you had before chemo. I'm sure you'll get more responses to this question and I, too, look forward to the replies. Take care.
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    MyTurnNow said:

Ronda, I am just in the
    Ronda, I am just in the "growing back" phase. I finished my last chemo infusion in October '09. At first it seemed like my hair was growing back just as straight as it was before chemo. Now, I have more wave than I have ever had. The color was the same, salt and pepper, but that is easily rectified with a little color. Several ladies have had their hair come back in curly. I have read that even if your hair is "different" in texture within 18 months it's usually back to the hair you had before chemo. I'm sure you'll get more responses to this question and I, too, look forward to the replies. Take care.

Hair
    Ronda,

Mine came back very curly and very thick. Like MyTurnNow my last chemo was in October 2009. I have a pretty good full head of hair at this point and have had a few trims. It also came in salt & pepper which I have colored. I get lots of compliments on my "new hairstyle" lol!
  • Deb1969
    Deb1969 Member Posts: 165
    pattimc said:

Hair
    Ronda,

Mine came back very curly and very thick. Like MyTurnNow my last chemo was in October 2009. I have a pretty good full head of hair at this point and have had a few trims. It also came in salt & pepper which I have colored. I get lots of compliments on my "new hairstyle" lol!

Prior to chemo my hair was
    Prior to chemo my hair was medium brown and straight. Now its darker brown and curly with a gray streak right down the middle. LOL
    Deb
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    Deb1969 said:

Prior to chemo my hair was
    Prior to chemo my hair was medium brown and straight. Now its darker brown and curly with a gray streak right down the middle. LOL
    Deb

You ladies are so inspiring,
    Thanks for the replys, I'm starting to think this whole ordeal might not be so bad.

Ronda
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

You ladies are so inspiring,
    Thanks for the replys, I'm starting to think this whole ordeal might not be so bad.

Ronda

Mine is dark and curly used
    Mine is dark and curly used to be blondish and straight. other places dark and straight used to be lighter and curly. Life is weird!!!