Breast secrtions

Kathy09
Kathy09 Member Posts: 99
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I thought I would throw this question out there. I had a lumpectomey about a year ago. I am now starting to have like a puss and blood secretion from the nipple on the surgery side, kinda like when you get a sliver stuck and don't get it out color. Anyone experience this? I go to surgeon friday, kinda want to know what to expect or be prepared for!!!

Comments

• Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    I'm sorry, I haven't had
    I'm sorry, I haven't had this issue. I'm very glad your going to your surgeon. Wish you well. Fingers crossed. I would expect maybe, besides a manuel exam, he/she may do an ultrasound, MRI or something along that line. Keeping it positive for you. Gayla
  • dottie68
    dottie68 Member Posts: 31
    Had this
    I had this, Good your going to surgeon, It could be blocked ducts many do get this.. But with me it was cancer in the ducts. Has a mastectomy, The surgeon just took out the ducts with a little tissue. Didn't have to have Chemo or radiation, just on femara. I know how you feel, I like to know things to.
    I do hope the best for you.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    dottie68 said:

Had this
    I had this, Good your going to surgeon, It could be blocked ducts many do get this.. But with me it was cancer in the ducts. Has a mastectomy, The surgeon just took out the ducts with a little tissue. Didn't have to have Chemo or radiation, just on femara. I know how you feel, I like to know things to.

It could be a buildup from
    It could be a buildup from fluids called a seroma, let us know how you are. hugs
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    dottie68 said:

Had this

I never had this Kathy. I
    I never had this Kathy. I am glad you are seeing your surgeon this Friday. Please post to let us know what you find out.