experiences after first round of TAC

Jennifer1961
Jennifer1961 Member Posts: 137
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My first treatment will be in a couple of weeks. Just wondering if anyone can share their experiences with me. I'm stage 2a, estrogen +, grade 3. Jennifer

Comments

• BethInAz
    BethInAz Member Posts: 203 Member
    Experiences
    Jennifer, Good to meet you! Welcome! I didn't have TAC; I did have 4 rounds of taxotere/cytoxan. I was also stage 2, estrogen +, her2/neu negative, grade 3. I was really fearful of the whole chemo experience but as I walked through it, I found it to be utterly do-able. I found out that I had a reservoir of strength inside of me that I never knew existed and I am so glad that I did everything the doctors recommended to tackle and obliterate the cancer in my body. You'll find that you're able to do this as well. You'll learn so much throughout the process and you'll learn that you'll become a support to other girls going through this same journey.
    I wish you all the best. If you wish to email through private messages, let me know. I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have along the way.
    Beth
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    BethInAz said:

Experiences
    Jennifer, Good to meet you! Welcome! I didn't have TAC; I did have 4 rounds of taxotere/cytoxan. I was also stage 2, estrogen +, her2/neu negative, grade 3. I was really fearful of the whole chemo experience but as I walked through it, I found it to be utterly do-able. I found out that I had a reservoir of strength inside of me that I never knew existed and I am so glad that I did everything the doctors recommended to tackle and obliterate the cancer in my body. You'll find that you're able to do this as well. You'll learn so much throughout the process and you'll learn that you'll become a support to other girls going through this same journey.
    I wish you all the best. If you wish to email through private messages, let me know. I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have along the way.
    Beth

Jennifer, I didn't take
    Jennifer, I didn't take chemo, but, many here did and I am sure will respond to your post. I wish you the best of luck with your treatment. Keep us updated on how you do.

Hugs, Diane
  • Lynda53
    Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
    HI Jennifer
    Ihad T+C no adromycin (sp) due to heart.
    Follow instructions, anti sick scriopts before and after and even over the counter
    Hydrate and rest. Chemo was much "easier" then I expected, in spie of issues w/taxo.
    Remember this is about you, get your rest, call for help
    Peace
  • rene9
    rene9 Member Posts: 214
    Lynda53 said:

HI Jennifer
    Follow instructions, anti sick scriopts before and after and even over the counter
    Hydrate and rest. Chemo was much "easier" then I expected, in spie of issues w/taxo.
    Peace

Hi
    I just finished TAC about 3 1/2 weeks ago. I had 6 treatments with a neulasta shot the day after for every 3 weeks. The first one was the worst for me. I felt fatigue, nausea, bad headaches, hiccups. Probably because I didn't put anything on my stomach that morning. I learned to eat a good breakfast and take tylenol before my treatment. That red devil (A) really got me. But, it was all doable. Everyone is different and do not have the same side effects if any. Your docs will change your meds so that you feel better and get past the side effects. Good Luck-

rene9
  • Jennifer1961
    Jennifer1961 Member Posts: 137
    rene9 said:

Hi
    I just finished TAC about 3 1/2 weeks ago. I had 6 treatments with a neulasta shot the day after for every 3 weeks. The first one was the worst for me. I felt fatigue, nausea, bad headaches, hiccups. Probably because I didn't put anything on my stomach that morning. I learned to eat a good breakfast and take tylenol before my treatment. That red devil (A) really got me. But, it was all doable. Everyone is different and do not have the same side effects if any. Your docs will change your meds so that you feel better and get past the side effects. Good Luck-

rene9

Thanks everyone. I get more
    Thanks everyone. I get more and more nervous about this as the time draws near. I wanted to start ASAP, but I have a few things coming up like my daughter's 10th birthday and an evaluation at work, so I want to wait until after that. If I do, I will be starting 7 weeks post surgery. Still on the fence. I'm going to see my second opinion person next week so I will have a clearer idea (I hope!) of what to expect and what to do.
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Hi, jennifer!
    I didn't have the Adriamycin but did have the cytoxan/taxotere. Quite honestly, it was not nearly as bad as I had myself mentally prepared for. I actually found that it got a little easier with each round. Listen to the advice you get from your doctors and the experienced ladies here. Eat before you go for your chemo. Start drinking a lot of water a day or two before your chemo. I did this the first time but gave in after chemo to not really wanting to drink and I think that is one reason that round was tougher. I worked it out after that and it got much easier. Take care of yourself - I hope that you are one of those ladies that this is just a walk in the park!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Lynda53 said:

HI Jennifer
    Peace

Just want to wish you the
    Just want to wish you the best with TAC Jennifer. Hoping you have no side effects!