more chemo starting 3 wks after surgery

cavediver
cavediver Member Posts: 607
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just back from ocologist.... he wants to start chemo in two weeks...that will be three weeks from mastectomy surgery. Wow...I was hoping to have a bit more of a 'vacation from Chemo' (had three cycles pre-surgery). So, I gotta heal up quickly and then get on with it.
Path report said margins were clear.... 11 nodes were removed...........I am swollen and sore, but at least path report was a good one and there is now a plan I am aware of.
Tomorrow I go for post-op appt. with surgeon and will see if he removes the drains...one is almost negligible now, .... ok with me if he recommends another week.... they are a royal painm but I will go with whatever he suggests.
Right now I am looking forward to the days of hot bubble baths!

Comments

• greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    CaveDiver
    Good path reports are always a cause for celebration. I'm with you on the bubble baths - now that I don't have to wash my hair(lol), that is one of my favorite things! I hope the chemo goes well for you - I guess the good part of starting back sooner is that you get done sooner. Take care!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

CaveDiver
    Good path reports are always a cause for celebration. I'm with you on the bubble baths - now that I don't have to wash my hair(lol), that is one of my favorite things! I hope the chemo goes well for you - I guess the good part of starting back sooner is that you get done sooner. Take care!

A good path report is great!
    A good path report is great! Sorry you have to take chemo. Good luck to you!

Hugs, Megan
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Megan M said:

A good path report is great!
    A good path report is great! Sorry you have to take chemo. Good luck to you!

Hugs, Megan

You will be taking lots of
    You will be taking lots of bubble baths! Great news on the pathology report!

Good luck with chemo!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Kylez said:

You will be taking lots of
    You will be taking lots of bubble baths! Great news on the pathology report!

Good luck with chemo!

I hope your chemo goes well
    I hope your chemo goes well for you. Celebrate the good path report!

Hugs, Diane
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    DianeBC said:

I hope your chemo goes well
    I hope your chemo goes well for you. Celebrate the good path report!

Hugs, Diane

I am so sorry that you have
    I am so sorry that you have to have more chemo. But, YIPPEE on your path report! Take care and keep us updated!