Help...Too many meds...R they safe to take together?

gobluegirl90
gobluegirl90 Member Posts: 53
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I understand the anti nauseous drugs I have been subscribed which are Zofran every 8 hours and then I have Phenergan as needed every 4 hours in between the Zofran.

I have Norco *hydro-codeine* as needed for pain, that comes after my Nuelasta shots and from the pain that i have when I do to much physical work around the house from my port (i have had it weeks now since my surgery,

I have Zanaxx I take during the day as needed for stress and anxiety, which is everyday.

I have also been given Ativan to take at nite, because the Zanaxx is not working at nite, the the Ativan is to help me sleep and rest. But I take the Zanaxx during the day, is it ok to take the Ativan the same day? How many hours between should it be taken?

I wish I had a pharmacist in my family, my sister-n-law, thinks she is one..LOL

Comments

• CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    gobluegirl.........
    Were these all prescribed by the same Dr.? I would certainly contact a Dr. tomorrow and ASK about taking all of these, especially if they were prescribed by different Drs. Better to be safe than sorry...

CR
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    The good news is...any
    The good news is...any pharmacist will tell you if they are safe to take together! Call a pharmacy! And...I truly had my Cancer Center on speed dial~ I called them at every question I had, including the type you are asking. Someone is on call~ call and ask! I never had any problem with a Dr calling me back and answering any question I had~ they are sooo willing to help! Call! ( and let us know what they say! )

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • gobluegirl90
    gobluegirl90 Member Posts: 53
    chenheart said:

The good news is...any
    The good news is...any pharmacist will tell you if they are safe to take together! Call a pharmacy! And...I truly had my Cancer Center on speed dial~ I called them at every question I had, including the type you are asking. Someone is on call~ call and ask! I never had any problem with a Dr calling me back and answering any question I had~ they are sooo willing to help! Call! ( and let us know what they say! )

Hugs,
    Chen♥

meds
    Yes, they were all subscribed by my medical oncologist and all filled at the same pharmacy.

But it still scares me, just wanted to know if other members have used these meds together or at all.

I am stopping to refill my Zofran tomorrow so I will ask for a council session on my meds, I just wanted to sleep tonite and wanted to take the Ativan tonight. I am exhausted.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159

meds
    Yes, they were all subscribed by my medical oncologist and all filled at the same pharmacy.

But it still scares me, just wanted to know if other members have used these meds together or at all.

I am stopping to refill my Zofran tomorrow so I will ask for a council session on my meds, I just wanted to sleep tonite and wanted to take the Ativan tonight. I am exhausted.

Seriously, call your Dr this
    Seriously, call your Dr this evening~ someone will no doubt be on call and they will get back to you!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    chenheart said:

Seriously, call your Dr this
    Seriously, call your Dr this evening~ someone will no doubt be on call and they will get back to you!

I agree call your doc. I did
    I agree call your doc. I did not take all those meds so I couldnt tell you. besides everyone tolerates meds differently.