Marine/Irishgypsie/Skiffin: Thank you for service.

Options
Kimba1505
Kimba1505 Member Posts: 557
edited March 2014 in Head and Neck Cancer #1
To Marine and Irish Gypsie, Skiffin and all the men and women who have served in the armed forces: You sign up to do battle and fight for our country and all its freedoms. Then you fight a war on the most intimate front...the enemy: cancer. Just know I appreciate your service to our country and how that protects each and every one of us...and now on these boards, all of us, fighting together...for each and every one of us.
If there are other service men and women on these boards...plaese let us know.
Kim
Growing List:
MarineE5
Irishgypsie
Skiffin
CajunEagle

Comments

  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Thanks for recognition to Men and Women who have served....
    Thanks Kim,

    Just to carry this a little further, (if you don't mind Kim) and for a little recoginition to all of the men and women who have served.

    Maybe we could have a little "Call to Duty" listing....

    Myself I served in the Marine Corps (Vietnam Era ~ 1973) for six years active duty and another ten years in the Reserves.

    Of course being a veteran myself, I also applaud all of those whoe have served before, with and after me.

    John
  • Kimba1505
    Kimba1505 Member Posts: 557
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

    Thanks for recognition to Men and Women who have served....
    Thanks Kim,

    Just to carry this a little further, (if you don't mind Kim) and for a little recoginition to all of the men and women who have served.

    Maybe we could have a little "Call to Duty" listing....

    Myself I served in the Marine Corps (Vietnam Era ~ 1973) for six years active duty and another ten years in the Reserves.

    Of course being a veteran myself, I also applaud all of those whoe have served before, with and after me.

    John

    Thanks John
    I did not mean to exclude anyone. Just knew both Marine and Irishgypsie have written of their service. I have updated the original post to be more inclusive.
  • debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    I second what Kim said.
    I second what Kim said. Without the brave people who have faught to keep us free, we could not be doing the things we enjoy doing today. Thank you to everyone who has served, is serveing, or will serve in our future. We cannot thank you enough for your service and I hope you know that we GREATLY appreciate your service. I also pray that you will win the battle you are fighting now. thanks again and God Bless you all.
    Debbie
  • CajunEagle
    CajunEagle Member Posts: 408
    Options

    I second what Kim said.
    I second what Kim said. Without the brave people who have faught to keep us free, we could not be doing the things we enjoy doing today. Thank you to everyone who has served, is serveing, or will serve in our future. We cannot thank you enough for your service and I hope you know that we GREATLY appreciate your service. I also pray that you will win the battle you are fighting now. thanks again and God Bless you all.
    Debbie

    Thank you
    I was fortunate enough, at the time, to complete my active duty in the United States Coast Guard (1967-1971) U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Unimak and Lifeboat station (search & rescue).....Cape May, New Jersey. And USCG Air Station.....Atlantic City, New Jersey.
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Kimba1505 said:

    Thanks John
    I did not mean to exclude anyone. Just knew both Marine and Irishgypsie have written of their service. I have updated the original post to be more inclusive.

    Thank You Kim
    I know you where you were coming from...didn't mean to seem to imply I was excluded.

    I just thought it was a good opportunity to expand upon your thoughtfulness and give an opportunity for veterans on here to show themselves...

    John
  • Irishgypsie
    Irishgypsie Member Posts: 333
    Options

    Thank you
    I was fortunate enough, at the time, to complete my active duty in the United States Coast Guard (1967-1971) U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Unimak and Lifeboat station (search & rescue).....Cape May, New Jersey. And USCG Air Station.....Atlantic City, New Jersey.

    Happy Memorial day!
    Did 12 years Air Force; then switched over to the U.S. Public Health Service (USPHS)in 2004. I am currently a LCDR (O-4). USPHS is still active duty uniformed services but we don't get the same recognition as the other branches. Oh' well as long as the pay check and benefits keep coming.

    Google USPHS.GOV it explains more about the public health. great gig!
  • MarineE5
    MarineE5 Member Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Thank You Kim
    Kim,

    Thank you for remembering all that have Served in Uniform and gave their all so we could be Free.

    I visit another Cancer site ( CancerCompass ) and also 2 Military boards as well. The other day, a light went on in my head as I reflected on why I visit these two types of boards. And it came to me, that although my service was many years ago, I feel close to anyone that is Military. Now, in the last say 5 years, I have grown close to the Warriors of the fight with Cancer.

    I posted a thread on the other site about a week ago on my feelings about Memorial Day and us. How I felt the two were related to each other. I am sure for each of us here, that we also know someone that has lost their Battle with cancer and we remember them as well as our Fallen Military. It is a little bit long of a post, so I will post the link if possible. I am known as Pop-Pop over there.

    http://www.cancercompass.com/message-board/message/all,47021,0.htm

    You may have to copy and paste this in your address to get there.

    My Best to You and Everyone Here
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    Beautiful tribute
    Thank you Kim for remembering all the men and women who have served and are still serving in our armed forces. This is a beautiful way of paying tribute to them for their service.

    Hope everyone had a safe and relaxing Memorial Day.

    Take care and stay strong,
    Glenna
  • Kimba1505
    Kimba1505 Member Posts: 557
    Options
    MarineE5 said:

    Thank You Kim
    Kim,

    Thank you for remembering all that have Served in Uniform and gave their all so we could be Free.

    I visit another Cancer site ( CancerCompass ) and also 2 Military boards as well. The other day, a light went on in my head as I reflected on why I visit these two types of boards. And it came to me, that although my service was many years ago, I feel close to anyone that is Military. Now, in the last say 5 years, I have grown close to the Warriors of the fight with Cancer.

    I posted a thread on the other site about a week ago on my feelings about Memorial Day and us. How I felt the two were related to each other. I am sure for each of us here, that we also know someone that has lost their Battle with cancer and we remember them as well as our Fallen Military. It is a little bit long of a post, so I will post the link if possible. I am known as Pop-Pop over there.

    http://www.cancercompass.com/message-board/message/all,47021,0.htm

    You may have to copy and paste this in your address to get there.

    My Best to You and Everyone Here

    Worth the read!
    Hey MarineE5,
    Read your post on Cancer Compass. A good comparison and contrast (enlisting vs. drafted). I often use the warfare analogy when talking about the battle with cancer; but only someone who truely has experinced both can speak with such understading. Thank you for the link. Also saw DelNative there. :)
    Kim
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Kimba


    This is really a great post, and I too second a thank you so much for keeping us free.