Did anyone else see this on the news?

roseann4
roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I saw on the news this morning that they have come up with a vaccine that will not only treat breast cancer but can also prevent it! It is in animal studies now but will be done in a year. Can that be true? I'm stunned and thrilled if it actually happens.

Roseann

Comments

• Deb1969
    Deb1969 Member Posts: 165
    I saw it on Good Morning
    I saw it on Good Morning America.
    Deb
  • m-star
    m-star Member Posts: 441
    Deb1969 said:

I saw it on Good Morning
    Deb

oh great!
    NOOOOW they tell

oh great!
    NOOOOW they tell me!!!!! lol
  • m-star
    m-star Member Posts: 441
    Deb1969 said:

I saw it on Good Morning
    Deb

OOPS DOUBLE POSTED!

OOPS DOUBLE POSTED!
  • Cindy Bear
    Cindy Bear Member Posts: 569
    Sounds good
    It sounds like great news doesn't it. Unfortunately, it has only been tested on mice. The human trials won't start till next year and they said it would be 10 yrs of study and trial groups before it's ready for mass marketing. (depending on results) But it's a step in the right direction for sure.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Sounds good
    It sounds like great news doesn't it. Unfortunately, it has only been tested on mice. The human trials won't start till next year and they said it would be 10 yrs of study and trial groups before it's ready for mass marketing. (depending on results) But it's a step in the right direction for sure.

hopefully it will work and
    hopefully it will work and they will fast track it. gives me hope for my kids.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    m-star said:

oh great!
    NOOOOW they tell

oh great!
    NOOOOW they tell me!!!!! lol

No, but that would sure be
    No, but that would sure be wonderful.
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Thanks for sharing this
    Thanks for sharing this news.
  • jamiegww
    jamiegww Member Posts: 384
    It's about time they came up with a vaccine.
    I would definitely sign up to be a human guinea pig if they need volunteers but they probably want people who haven't already had breast cancer. I pray it works and that it doesn't take ten years to be able to offer it to anyone who wants it.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    lynn1950 said:

Thanks for sharing this
    Thanks for sharing this news.

Thanks for telling us about
    Thanks for telling us about it. I still think the cure is out there, but, because of all of the money made off of cancer, they don't let it out. There has to be with all of the billions or trillions of dollars they have received and all of the great medical minds. But, I hope someday, in my lifetime, it is made public.
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    jamiegww said:

It's about time they came up with a vaccine.
    I would definitely sign up to be a human guinea pig if they need volunteers but they probably want people who haven't already had breast cancer. I pray it works and that it doesn't take ten years to be able to offer it to anyone who wants it.

They said
    They said it would be used to treat as well as prevent breast cancer. Wouldn't that be a miracle?!

Roseann