Lucky me, I was told I have 2 types at once.

Options
2»

Comments

• Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options

I have these 2 types plus LCIS too
    My name is Mary and I was diagnosed with DCIS after a biopsy in April. They did an MRI and then did a lumpectomy (left breast) almost 3 weeks ago and when the pathology from that came back they had also found invasive lobular carcinoma AND LCIS. I am starting with radiation in a few weeks and then will go on some type of hormone therapy afterwards. I am 49 and absolutely terrified of all this stuff. I have never been sick and this has really thrown me. You are not alone by any means!!! It sounds like we are both at the beginning of this. I hope you have more happy days than sad. So far I have been pretty shaky, but we have to hang in there!

Welcome Ronda
    Just wanted to welcome you. Here I am on vacation and checking in with my CSN Buddies.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    CR1954 said:

Ronda..........
    I just wanted to welcome you.

Yes, so much has been learned about BC treatment in the past 20 years. It's a different time from when your sister had BC.
    And yes, there is FAR TOO MUCH of it now.

As you can see already, everyone here has a different dx or a different tx plan, so you will hear many types of circumstances regarding treatment and all to do with it.
    Arm yourself with the best medical team that you can find and come here often for encouagement and support. It will take some time, but you will come out the other side of this cancer journey, a bit battered and bruised, but a survivor.....

Hugs,

CR

Hey Ronda and welcome! We
    Hey Ronda and welcome! We all have a different diagnosis and different treatments and it is so good to read about all of them on here. You will find so much info and help.

Wishing you good luck!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options

I have these 2 types plus LCIS too
    My name is Mary and I was diagnosed with DCIS after a biopsy in April. They did an MRI and then did a lumpectomy (left breast) almost 3 weeks ago and when the pathology from that came back they had also found invasive lobular carcinoma AND LCIS. I am starting with radiation in a few weeks and then will go on some type of hormone therapy afterwards. I am 49 and absolutely terrified of all this stuff. I have never been sick and this has really thrown me. You are not alone by any means!!! It sounds like we are both at the beginning of this. I hope you have more happy days than sad. So far I have been pretty shaky, but we have to hang in there!

Welcome, Mary....
    Hugs, Kathi
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Hi Mama G I'm in Pensacola,
    Hi Mama G I'm in Pensacola, not sure where Sebastian is.

Good luck with your
    Good luck with your appointment with your oncologist. Update us when you can!