I am so sad today...

Options
SunnieC
SunnieC Member Posts: 37
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Bear with me as I vent...

Today was my best friends birthday - she died 2 years ago this coming August - she struggled with so many things including her hubby (Pops) having 4 different cancers - he is in remission again (thanks to the powers that be) - her daughter is getting married today and Pops can't make it because of the hail storms in OK city left his car and home trashed - I just got out of the hospital yesterday with another unknown infection so I can't go to the wedding - it's 80 miles from here and I can't drive yet - I feel so sad that neither Pops nor I can be there...I just want to cry...

And on top of it all... I'm tired of being sick and in pain - I hate all the drugs that I'm taking and know that I have more issues ahead of me when I start herceptin and rads next week...

Thanks for listening - you are all my wonderful friends -

Health and happieness
Sunnie

Comments

• shaggy420
    shaggy420 Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Wow I will keep you all in
    Wow I will keep you all in my prayers.

Brenda
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Sunnie, as hard as it is,
    Sunnie, as hard as it is, try to remind yourself that this is not a forever thing. Unfortunately, it is required to rid your body of this demon. We have to give up some of our "living" in the immediate sense to gain more time on the back end. I know it doesn't make it any better or make you feel any better but my point is it is temporary. I hope you feel better at least getting this out of your system. You will not be present in person at the wedding but they will be in your thoughts. Take care of yourself and try to take things one day at a time. There is light at the end and you are getting closer and closer as every day goes by. ((((Hugs))))
  • TawnyS
    TawnyS Member Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Your post tugged at my heart!
    I wish I could make it all better for you! Please know we are are thinking about you and sending good vibes your way.
  • SunnieC
    SunnieC Member Posts: 37
    Options
    TawnyS said:

Your post tugged at my heart!
    I wish I could make it all better for you! Please know we are are thinking about you and sending good vibes your way.

Thank you everyone
    I don't often have a major meltdown but today qualified -

The gal that is getting married, Cyndi, had her best friend call me and I just lost it when I told her I couldn't come - she said that is why Cyndi herself couldn't call me, she knew she would lose it too - she understands and said she'd call me when they get back from the honeymoon

I then proceeded to call my daughter and had another major crying jag with her on the phone but she made me feel so much better -

Hopefully between all of you and my daughter I'll get through the rest of the day without too many more meltdowns...

Again, thank you everyone -
    You're all in my thoughts and prayers -

Health and happieness
    Sunnie
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Options
    SunnieC said:

Thank you everyone
    I don't often have a major meltdown but today qualified -

The gal that is getting married, Cyndi, had her best friend call me and I just lost it when I told her I couldn't come - she said that is why Cyndi herself couldn't call me, she knew she would lose it too - she understands and said she'd call me when they get back from the honeymoon

I then proceeded to call my daughter and had another major crying jag with her on the phone but she made me feel so much better -

Hopefully between all of you and my daughter I'll get through the rest of the day without too many more meltdowns...

Again, thank you everyone -
    You're all in my thoughts and prayers -

Health and happieness
    Sunnie

Sunnie
    Bless you..hope you feel better soon!

Patti
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Options
    Sunnie
    I'm so sorry - I can't imagine how hard it is to just be out of the hospital, wanting to "be there" for your loved ones and having so many obstacles in your way. It sounds like you have already been through a lot and I send you many hopes and prayers that the rest of your journey is easier. Take care of yourself and I hope that you are showered with pictures and stories of the wedding so that you can share in these memories even if you are not able to be there in person.

Chris
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

Sunnie
    I'm so sorry - I can't imagine how hard it is to just be out of the hospital, wanting to "be there" for your loved ones and having so many obstacles in your way. It sounds like you have already been through a lot and I send you many hopes and prayers that the rest of your journey is easier. Take care of yourself and I hope that you are showered with pictures and stories of the wedding so that you can share in these memories even if you are not able to be there in person.

Chris

It is so sad and frustrating
    It is so sad and frustrating to not be able to be where we want to be. crying is natural and I know you wanted to be there for your friends daughter. I was so sick on chemo I felt like I never could make it. it almost seems like a bad dream. although I am still recovering. you can and will get through it, one day, hour and minute at a time.!!!! hugs
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Options
    All I can say
    Is I'm sorry. Having a flustered day also. Sighhh My dauhter ways coming from Tx to Nm w her husband and my little grandson and hita big dog going 65. Busted the radiator, so they have to go back home. After feeling sorry for myself (selfish, I know) looked at reasons to be thankful. They are all ok. No one hurt, except for the poor little dog. Maybe the dog saved their lives. Maybe a cow was further down the road.
    I'm very sorry about you not being there for ur best friends family at this time. Maybe a surprise trip later? I too, get tired of feeling the constant pains of all the treatments. Grunting when getting up or walking. Small price to pay for killing the cancer, I guess? Not sure where you live, but maybe you can go outside, scream and then go for a walk. I made it to the scream part, went back inside, took 2 alleve and layed down. Maybe tomorrow I'll go for that walk. lol
    take care of yourself Sunnie and please feel better. Hugs and positive thoughts and prayers to you. Gayla