Arrrgh after Pet Scan Yesterday!

Options
heidijez
heidijez Member Posts: 441
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Still need to have the brain MRI done this afternoon, but I had the pet scan yesterday afternoon and met with the surgeon this morning. Surgery has been postponed. I need more chemo. Arrgh! My hair was just starting to grow back!

So I need to get through more chemo before they can do my mastectomy (I have IBC) then heal up before they can do radiation, so I'm guessing it will be another six months before I am done with all this!!!

All I can say is, thank goodness I listened to the voice in my head that kept telling me to get a second opinion!!!

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Sorry for the time-line
    Sorry for the time-line setback, but big time kudos to you for listening to your smart inner voice, and getting that second opinion! I know you will meet this unexpected challenge with grace and dignity, coupled with just the right amount of GRRRRR!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Heidi, the goal is still the
    Heidi, the goal is still the same.....to beat the beast within. I'm sorry it will be delayed a little longer but thank goodness you listened to your inner voice. We'll be here with you every step of the way and celebrate when the time comes. Sending (((hugs))) your way along with positive vibes for a clean MRI. Keep us posted.
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Options
    Heidi -
    I can imagine how frustrated you are having to push everything back but you get huge kudos for listening to that strong inner voice and seeking out the information you needed to make sure you were getting all the treatment you needed. You know we will all be here for you and wishing you the best!

Chris
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Heidi -
    I can imagine how frustrated you are having to push everything back but you get huge kudos for listening to that strong inner voice and seeking out the information you needed to make sure you were getting all the treatment you needed. You know we will all be here for you and wishing you the best!

Chris

I would be frustrated too,
    I would be frustrated too, but, before you know it, you will be done with treatment and dancing with NED! And, we will all celebrate with you! Take care!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    jnl said:

I would be frustrated too,
    I would be frustrated too, but, before you know it, you will be done with treatment and dancing with NED! And, we will all celebrate with you! Take care!

I am glad you got the 2nd
    I am glad you got the 2nd opinion! Those lil voices in our head are usually right.

Good luck to you!
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Options
    ARRRRRRGGGGG!!!!! Thank
    ARRRRRRGGGGG!!!!! Thank goodness for the voices in our heads. Does yours ever have music w the voices? LOL