Sharing what I found

Options
RE
RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello my BC friends, I found a great APP for your IPHONE (which I do not have LOL) or IPOD TOUCH at itunes. It is called "BREAST CANCER REFERENCE" and it has a pink ribbon for its cover if you look for it. It is in a very simple format and has a lot of terminology we run into with fairly simple explanations, so if you use APPS you may want to check this one out. Oh yes by the way it is a FREE APP no cost to download.

♥ RE ♥

Comments

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks
    I just downloaded it, and yes, it's great.

Thanks so much,

Victoria
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Huh??? You are speaking a
    Huh??? You are speaking a language I do not understand! I still don't know how to put a DVD in the player...if my niece isn't home, I don't ( can't) figure out how to watch a movie! And no, I am not kidding! Case in point, a friend was over who had not seen The Blind Side...of course I have the movie! But being as my niece and Reggie weren't home, I paid $4.99 to On Demand, cuz I had no idea how to work 3 remote controls to start a movie which I own! Sigh.....

The radio I understand completely! I listen to KGO from SF all night long with ear-buds!!

My brother in law works for AT&T~ he and my sister of course have IPhones, and all the bells and whistles which my sister now thinks she cannot live without!

Sweet Reggie got me an IPod 2 years ago for my birthday...he and his daughter loaded it with all of my favorite Classic Rock music. I have never used it. No, that's not true~ I listened to it for an hour the day they gave it to me. But it is ooo not me~ I need a radio guy telling me stuff and trivia about the bands I am listening to, and where the lead singer is now, and how many venues they played in 1968, etc etc . Just the music? OMG~ no!

I know~ I am doomed! LOL

But to those who have a clue what you are talking about, and even know what a download is~ I thank you in their behalf!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    chenheart said:

Huh??? You are speaking a language I do not understand! I still don't know how to put a DVD in the player...if my niece isn't home, I don't ( can't) figure out how to watch a movie! And no, I am not kidding! Case in point, a friend was over who had not seen The Blind Side...of course I have the movie! But being as my niece and Reggie weren't home, I paid $4.99 to On Demand, cuz I had no idea how to work 3 remote controls to start a movie which I own! Sigh.....

The radio I understand completely! I listen to KGO from SF all night long with ear-buds!!

My brother in law works for AT&T~ he and my sister of course have IPhones, and all the bells and whistles which my sister now thinks she cannot live without!

Sweet Reggie got me an IPod 2 years ago for my birthday...he and his daughter loaded it with all of my favorite Classic Rock music. I have never used it. No, that's not true~ I listened to it for an hour the day they gave it to me. But it is ooo not me~ I need a radio guy telling me stuff and trivia about the bands I am listening to, and where the lead singer is now, and how many venues they played in 1968, etc etc . Just the music? OMG~ no!

I know~ I am doomed! LOL

But to those who have a clue what you are talking about, and even know what a download is~ I thank you in their behalf!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

You are
    too funny Claudia,but yes I am the same way-not techie minded at all!!
  • RE
    Options
    chenheart said:

I know~ I am doomed! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥

;-D
    Oh Claudia you made me smile, thank you for that! I am a gadget gal (my son's gf calls me that LOL). I had to keep up with my kids when they were teens, then my daughter hit the road (husband is a trucker) with my two grandson's so texting and facebook became a must to know where she was, what she was doing and how they were doing. Its okay to not be familiar with this stuff, it's probably a bit more sane! Love ya!

RE
  • m-star
    m-star Member Posts: 441
    Options
    RE said:

;-D
    Oh Claudia you made me smile, thank you for that! I am a gadget gal (my son's gf calls me that LOL). I had to keep up with my kids when they were teens, then my daughter hit the road (husband is a trucker) with my two grandson's so texting and facebook became a must to know where she was, what she was doing and how they were doing. Its okay to not be familiar with this stuff, it's probably a bit more sane! Love ya!

RE

well i dont have an iphone
    well i dont have an iphone sadly (i have a Nokia 5800 Express Music) but if i did have one,i'd definatly download that app!

Thanks for sharing =)
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

I know~ I am doomed! LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Fear not, dear Chen....
    I don't have one, either!

I laughed when I heard the story about a father and daughter, sitting in their den one night, watching TV, and TEXTING each other...they were sitting NEXT to each other on the couch, for goodness' sake!!!

You can't see it, but I am shaking my head...

Hugs to a fellow 'analog' person, Kathi
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

Fear not, dear Chen....
    I don't have one, either!

I laughed when I heard the story about a father and daughter, sitting in their den one night, watching TV, and TEXTING each other...they were sitting NEXT to each other on the couch, for goodness' sake!!!

You can't see it, but I am shaking my head...

Hugs to a fellow 'analog' person, Kathi

I dont text because i got
    I dont text because i got the 'free phone" and it is too hard. the kids say I can do something but I just cant be bothered. I love my Ipod touch and didnt think I would. I have a mixture of songs, and i listrn in the car or at the gym. FB came in handy when I was sick and my husband was downstairs, sometimes i would send him a message.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    RE said:

;-D

RE

Oh, lest I be thought of as
    Oh, lest I be thought of as a complete idiot ( which I am NOT, as some of my parts are missing!) I do text with the best of 'em! I think a lot of my non-tech savviness comes from my not having any children ( my niece lived with me pre-cellphones and thus the texting mania)and amazingly enough, when you don't have kids, you don't get grandbabies either! LOL

I was married during the time of pagers~ and with my then hubby in the medical profession, if I wanted to get hold of him, I simply paged him!

I didn't own a cellphone until I met Reggie~ it was a Christmas gift one year. But I always hope my phone never breaks, as upgrading frustrates me to no end!

My niece once again lives with me, so I pretty much still always know where she is~ and we text a million times a day~ but NOT while we are in the house together! LOL

The upside? I have lots of time, because I am not putting in DVD's and uploading and downloading anything, to read actual paper books before they fade into oblivion! At the annual charity golf tournament the Tribe is holding this summer, Reggie excitedly told me they are giving away Kindles! OMG~ no! no! no! I am fighting that 'advancement" tooth and nail! I need to flip through the pages, go to book signings, underline favorite passages, even dog-ear a page! Just say No to Kindle! hahahah

I am saddened to think that there are going to be few diaries found in attics, no bundles of sweet love letters tied with ribbons in a hope-chest somewhere, even homemade cards from kids could be part of our past. Can you imagine living in a world where The Diary Of Anne Frank would have been an email or done on Word?
    It is disheartening to think that possible literary treasures are going to be found in old PC graveyards on discarded hard-drives.

OUCH! I think I just sprained my ankle falling off of my Soap-Box! hahahaha!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Chrispea
    Chrispea Member Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks! My hubby got me an
    Thanks! My hubby got me an iPod touch for Xmas, and it was such an awesome thing to have on those chemo days when I couldn't crawl out of bed. I'd just lie there and play games or surf the net.
  • RE
    Options
    chenheart said:

Oh, lest I be thought of as
    Oh, lest I be thought of as a complete idiot ( which I am NOT, as some of my parts are missing!) I do text with the best of 'em! I think a lot of my non-tech savviness comes from my not having any children ( my niece lived with me pre-cellphones and thus the texting mania)and amazingly enough, when you don't have kids, you don't get grandbabies either! LOL

I was married during the time of pagers~ and with my then hubby in the medical profession, if I wanted to get hold of him, I simply paged him!

I didn't own a cellphone until I met Reggie~ it was a Christmas gift one year. But I always hope my phone never breaks, as upgrading frustrates me to no end!

My niece once again lives with me, so I pretty much still always know where she is~ and we text a million times a day~ but NOT while we are in the house together! LOL

The upside? I have lots of time, because I am not putting in DVD's and uploading and downloading anything, to read actual paper books before they fade into oblivion! At the annual charity golf tournament the Tribe is holding this summer, Reggie excitedly told me they are giving away Kindles! OMG~ no! no! no! I am fighting that 'advancement" tooth and nail! I need to flip through the pages, go to book signings, underline favorite passages, even dog-ear a page! Just say No to Kindle! hahahah

I am saddened to think that there are going to be few diaries found in attics, no bundles of sweet love letters tied with ribbons in a hope-chest somewhere, even homemade cards from kids could be part of our past. Can you imagine living in a world where The Diary Of Anne Frank would have been an email or done on Word?
    It is disheartening to think that possible literary treasures are going to be found in old PC graveyards on discarded hard-drives.

OUCH! I think I just sprained my ankle falling off of my Soap-Box! hahahaha!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Heavens No!
    Good grief Chen how could anyone ever think of you as an idiot you are one of the most wise, kind and loving kindred spirits I know silly gal! I don't use the dvd player either I wait for My Guy to do it for me or I attempt it and should I get it right then I struggle to get it back to normal T.V. once I am done watching my show. I find it much easier to slip the DVD into my laptop and watch it there. :-)

Fear not some of us still us the U.S. postal service to send caring notes and such as there is nothing so sweet as love held in your hand that came from miles away at the hands of someone who cares.

Now go wrap that sprained ankle of yours and know that you are much loved and appreciated!

♥ RE
  • RE
    Options
    Chrispea said:

Thanks! My hubby got me an
    Thanks! My hubby got me an iPod touch for Xmas, and it was such an awesome thing to have on those chemo days when I couldn't crawl out of bed. I'd just lie there and play games or surf the net.

:-)
    I just got my mine a few days ago as a belated birthday gift, I am loving it as well.

Hugs,

RE