Erbitux Rash..ARRGGHH

Options
pluckey
pluckey Member Posts: 484 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
My erbitux rash is usually just on my face and chest, now I have pimple like bumps on my arms and a few on my legs..is this still related to erbitux?

peggy

Comments

• AnnaLeigh
    AnnaLeigh Member Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    That darn rash does spread to other places
    My husband had an erbitux rash that started on his face and head and then spread to the back of his neck, arms, chest and the top of his hands. We know how darn uncomfortable it can be.

After taking doxycycline (antibiotic), the rash has practically cleared up even though he continues treatment and he uses metronidazole ointment twice a day. Of course lots and lots of hydration after erbitux infusion helps flush his system and keeps the rash to a minimum.

We also switched to a hypoallergenic body wash for him to use in the shower with lots of body lotion for moisturizer afterwards.

Hope you aren't suffering too much and can find what works on your rash successfully.
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    Rash
    I had it spread to my legs and the top of my head too along with arms, legs, chest. I take minocyclin while I'm on Erbitux and it helps. I agree that using soaps that are fragrance free are better at keeping the rash to a minimum. The good thing is that when you take a break from it things clear up nicely. Oh, I also would get some growths by my toenails that had to be cut out. That sucked!