2»

Comments

• Kent Cass
    Kent Cass Member Posts: 1,898 Member
    Options
    hawk711 said:

Peg out
    Hi
    I have had my Peg in for 4 months and I am 3 months post treatment, rad/chemo. How long after treatment was your peg removed, if you don't mind my asking? I am trying to figure out the whole timing thing with eating foods on my own and getting the peg out. I read that one reply said 5 months, another said 31/2 months, so I'm just trying to get an average so I have "a light at the end of the tunnel"...
    Thanks for your reply.
    Steve

How long 7/5/10
    How long depends on the specifics, mostly: 1) do you use it, or are you able to get all your Nutrition the traditional way; and, 2) is your C prognosis good enough that it doesn't look like you will need more treatment.

Steve- most, like me, wait until after a benchmark Pet Scan (PS/CT) comes-back "clean." I waited longer than most, 15+-months, which was after my 1-year post-treatment PS/CT results. If I'd had a 6-month, or 9- woulda had it pulled right afterwards.

kcass
  • dogsrule
    dogsrule Member Posts: 96
    Options
    hawk711 said:

Peg out
    Hi
    I have had my Peg in for 4 months and I am 3 months post treatment, rad/chemo. How long after treatment was your peg removed, if you don't mind my asking? I am trying to figure out the whole timing thing with eating foods on my own and getting the peg out. I read that one reply said 5 months, another said 31/2 months, so I'm just trying to get an average so I have "a light at the end of the tunnel"...
    Thanks for your reply.
    Steve

4 months
    Hi Steve. Just saw your post. I had my PEG put in the end of Jan. I finished my Radiation treatments middle of Feb, had the PEG removed the end of May. I had the PEG for 4 months. Sounds like your right about where I was when I decided I didn't need it anymore. Everyone is different. I waited until I had my follow-up PET scan results to have it removed. After I found out the results were good I had it removed.
    Good luck to you.
    Jo