newbie May 25

Options
Quiltngal
Quiltngal Member Posts: 12
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello! I am a newbie! A little about myself..I just finished 6 weeks radiation a few weeks ago and now on Arimidex. I have not found yet..any discussion on this med. I am into my second week. This is a trial test for me..as I'm not sure I want to continue with this med. I see my Oncologist again June 10 to discuss side affects. Etc. I also have Fibromyalgia issues.

I am a Breast Cancer SURVIVOR...I was diagnosed in Dec. 09 IDC stage 1 8mm tumor node/0 I had a lumpectomy with Sentinel node biop. I tested ER post.

I look forward to being here and reading about your journey and battles and victories...and hope myself to be encouragement to others.

Thank you..Quiltngal

Comments

• Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Options
    Welcome
    That sounds funny to "welcome" someone to a cancer site, but it's a great site and everyone here friendly and helpful.
    Sorry, don't know about that med. Know others are taking it. They'll chime in bf you know it. Katz
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Also.........
    Also wanted to welcome you. Like Kat, I am not on that drug, but others, who are familiar with it, should chime in.

Hugs,

CR
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Quiltngal. I had a
    Welcome, Quiltngal. I had a lumpectomy (7/09), chemo, rads and have been taking Arimidex since January of this year. I have not had much in the way of side effects from the drug. I do get maybe one hot flash during the day but again, that is nothing too bad. I do not have any achiness from it. I see my oncologist again next week but I just called yesterday and ordered another 90-day supply. Good luck with it!
  • TawnyS
    TawnyS Member Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Welcome to a great group of supporters. I have been taking Arimidex 2 plus months. I had serious hot flashes at first now I have noticed....I think.....and hope they are subsiding. Fingers crossed. You will find so much information, understanding and comfort here. : )
  • Quiltngal
    Quiltngal Member Posts: 12
    Options
    TawnyS said:

Hello!
    Welcome to a great group of supporters. I have been taking Arimidex 2 plus months. I had serious hot flashes at first now I have noticed....I think.....and hope they are subsiding. Fingers crossed. You will find so much information, understanding and comfort here. : )

Thank you
    Thank you for the warm welcome...I know that SUPPORT makes such a difference. I have found this out already with so many that have reached out to me...from day one! Now that I have come to the last phase (I hope) of my journey taking the meds for 5 years, that I can be a supporter, encourager and smile for others still battling this disease.

God bless you all with continued strength.
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options
    Quiltngal said:

Thank you
    Thank you for the warm welcome...I know that SUPPORT makes such a difference. I have found this out already with so many that have reached out to me...from day one! Now that I have come to the last phase (I hope) of my journey taking the meds for 5 years, that I can be a supporter, encourager and smile for others still battling this disease.

God bless you all with continued strength.

Welcome
    It does seem strange to welcome someone here but there are great people on here always with words of wisdom and comfort. I am not on that med either. I was diagnosed Jan 10 surgery March 10. Good results from surgery, stage 1 grade 1 just took 2nd of 4 chemo treatments, CT last week. I know you will get the answers you need. God Bless
    (((hugs))) Janice