Eyebrows are melting!

Options
leesag
leesag Member Posts: 621 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hi Ladies,

Here is a frivolous and yet important question. I've been using brow powder to stencil in my eyebrows. However, as the weather becomes "hazy, hot and humid" here in Baltimore, my eyebrows are melting off of my face! Any suggetions for setting them (I use powder, doesn't work) or other forms of makeup that looks as good and will last?

Eyebrowless in Baltimore!

Leesa :)

Comments

• Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    Options
    I use dark brown eye shadow
    I use dark brown eye shadow instead of pencil or brow powder. For some reason, it works better and lasts longer.

My real "trick" however is a wig with long bangs.
  • tmc576
    tmc576 Member Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Baltimore
    Hi Leesa - where in Baltimore do you live? I live in the Middle River/Bowleys Quarters area - and today is going to be HOT!

Tracey
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    eyebrows
    Hi Leesa, I live in Japan and it is also hot and very humid here, so I had the same problem. I tried all different kinds of products to no avail. I finally found a gal who did wonderful natural looking permanent eyebrows. It has been three years now, the brows are still there, and I have no regrets about getting them. I don't know what is available in the States, but it is quite popular here (for everyone), and is a tatoo technique but doesn't go very deep into the skin, is not painful, and only takes an hour or so to do.

Take care,
    Kathleen
  • Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    Options
    kayandok said:

eyebrows
    Hi Leesa, I live in Japan and it is also hot and very humid here, so I had the same problem. I tried all different kinds of products to no avail. I finally found a gal who did wonderful natural looking permanent eyebrows. It has been three years now, the brows are still there, and I have no regrets about getting them. I don't know what is available in the States, but it is quite popular here (for everyone), and is a tatoo technique but doesn't go very deep into the skin, is not painful, and only takes an hour or so to do.

Take care,
    Kathleen

Was your doctor okay with
    Was your doctor okay with the tattoo procedure, Kathleen? Early on, my Gyn/Onc gave me literature that said no tatts or dental work, piercings, etc without his approval. I think it's the low white counts that concern the docs.

Carlene

PS...your brows look great!
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options

Was your doctor okay with
    Was your doctor okay with the tattoo procedure, Kathleen? Early on, my Gyn/Onc gave me literature that said no tatts or dental work, piercings, etc without his approval. I think it's the low white counts that concern the docs.

Carlene

PS...your brows look great!

Yes,
    thank you for mentioning that. My counts are always good, and the weird thing is I have never needed a blood transfusion or blood booster in all the 26 chemo cycles. I haven't had a cold either in 3 years. (Makes me wonder if I am getting a high enough dose of chemo sometimes, but I do get plenty of other side effects, to remind me that I AM on chemo :) I suppose if your immune system were really challenged, it would not be a good idea. Either way, it is a good idea to check in with him.
    kathleen
  • Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Eye brows
    I had a little laugh at your question :) I know exactly how you feel with the eye brow thing. I agree with Carlene. I tried pencils but because I was wearing my wig at the time I kept rubbing at the fringe as it was irritating me .... so I rubbed it off. So I tried a dark grey eye shadow powder. I use a thin brush and just sweep it on. Somehow it just stays on as long as I want it to. Be careful not to put too much on as I did and I looked like a painted doll!!!

How are you with the eye lashes? I lost all of mine so I am getting really good at using eye shadow and eye pencils?

Tina xx
  • msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    Options
    Hi Leesa,
    I know what you

Hi Leesa,

I know what you mean.

Going into my 10th round of weekly maintenance, I've had to get pretty creative too.

It's worth a try because it seems to work a little better for me as the temperature heats up here in Austin, Texas.

I use mascara. The shape of the brush kind of gives the appearance of fine hairs on the brow area if you lightly stroke it upwards.

Just saying, its worth a try.

Take care,

Sharon