Anyone Using something for skin discoloration after chemo?

Options
rodripa9
rodripa9 Member Posts: 28
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi ladies! It's been a while since I've been on! You guys helped me get through so much when my sister was going through some of the hardest times in her life. I'm so happy and blessed to be able to say that my sister went through chemo and radiation therapy successfully! She is now on her 5 year hormone therapy drugs since her cancer was estrogen positive. Now comes the coping after the fact...on top of the obvious side effects that she is going through, the one thing that is really playing mind games with her is the fact that she's developed skin discoloration on her face! She's trying so hard to feel normal but I think this is affecting her more then the burn scars from radiation therapy on her breast! Have any of you gone or are going through this and used something prescription or OTC that worked to get you back to normal. Please let me know...thanks..And if anyone reads this before tomorrow, I'm getting my 1st mammogram and I'm a little nervous (my doc wants a baseline since my sis was only 44 when she got it and i'm 33)! Please send good vibes our way. Thanks

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Rodripa, I have not had this
    Rodripa, I have not had this problem that you are describing but wanted to send good vibes to you and your sister. Also, wishing for a clean mammo for you, too. Good luck!!
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Ask onc and a dermatologist
    Ask onc and a dematologist about this. I'll bet they have some good stuff for it. Let us know about your mammogram -- good, good vibes coming your way!
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Another thought -- sun sensitivity?
    If she's getting sun on her face, she may be having a sun sensitivity. Chemo, tamoxifen, many meds can do this. The reactions can be a fast sunburn, rash, poison-ivy type rash. I use tons of sunscreen when I go out to walk, but I always completely shield my face and neck with a broad brim.