Interesting find~procedure

Options
GreeneyedGirl
GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
About a week ago I found a small lump next to my saline implant~since my initial breast cancer diagnosis was dcis (you cannot feel dcis) I was quite alarmed. That night in bed I was just doing my self exams and the implant kind of shifted a bit, and here was this lump (it moved around as I felt it). I got in the next day to my breast doctor who did an ultrasound, said it doesn't look alarming, did a needle aspiration and it turned out to be a "fatty necrosis" filled cyst. Not infected, did not look cancerous. Looked like "butta"~~ it was "fat".
I asked her to take the needle and please suck the fat out of my abdomen~ my "spare tire" that I constantly complain about~
She did not~
You know I googled the bajeezers out of the term "fatty necrosis cyst". My doctor mentioned that with flap procedures they are not uncommon. To keep my eye (and fingers) on it.
I am so proud of myself for making it thru the procedure with no one holding my hand~ I did get a little "sweaty" and "woozy", but I laid there and took it like a big girl.
Just a little info to pass on, my experience of what I went thru~
Melanie

Comments

• Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that story
    I can imagine how you felt when you found it. I assume we are all in the "freakin out" stage when we find a lump nowadays. Thank goodness it was only butta...
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    Mama G said:

Thanks for sharing that story
    I can imagine how you felt when you found it. I assume we are all in the "freakin out" stage when we find a lump nowadays. Thank goodness it was only butta...

Yes, thanks Melanie for
    Yes, thanks Melanie for posting this. I bet you were scared. I am glad that it turned out to NOT be cancer. It just reaffirms that we all need to keep checking ourselves, with implants or not.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    All lumps are not cancer but
    All lumps are not cancer but need to have them checked just to make sure.

Reminds me of other sayings:

Everything that jiggles isn't jello.

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down.

If you want to add your two cents worth, give me the two cents first (sorry I just made that up)

:>)

You did good Melanie.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    Thank you Melanie for the info, you were absolutely brave and that is awesome! I appreciate the info, isn't it nice to hear it is "fat" and not "cancer" I'll take fat over cancer any day.

Take care!

RE
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options
    RE said:

Thanks!
    Thank you Melanie for the info, you were absolutely brave and that is awesome! I appreciate the info, isn't it nice to hear it is "fat" and not "cancer" I'll take fat over cancer any day.

Take care!

RE

Yes, fat is better~
    or should i say "it's betta with butta"~~
    Yes, we need to keep checking ourselves! It shook me for a 12 hour period till I got answers~
    Love ya girls~
    Melanie