headaches and irregular heart beats

pipo
pipo Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My wife had her first chemo Monday and has had migraines and continous headaches since. Any suggestions on how to help her? She also feels like irregular heart palpitations once in a while which scares her.

Comments

• SunnieC
    SunnieC Member Posts: 37
    Your wife definitely needs to talk to her oncologist
    and possibly her primary - One of them should be able to give her something to help - I too had headaches but they were not severe - I was able to make mine go away with prescribed pain relievers - see what your wife's doctor will allow her to take - this is difficult enough without adding migraines -

Health and happieness to both of you -
    Sunnie
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    SunnieC said:

Your wife definitely needs to talk to her oncologist
    and possibly her primary - One of them should be able to give her something to help - I too had headaches but they were not severe - I was able to make mine go away with prescribed pain relievers - see what your wife's doctor will allow her to take - this is difficult enough without adding migraines -

Health and happieness to both of you -
    Sunnie

I also had the headaches,
    I also had the headaches, which pain meds helped. You do need to speak with the doctor about the heart.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Kat11 said:

I also had the headaches,
    I also had the headaches, which pain meds helped. You do need to speak with the doctor about the heart.

I had headaches too. the
    I had headaches too. the first treatment I got my period and had a migraine so bad.... I also had irregular heartbeats, I was dehydrated alot never seemed to catch up. and my potassium ran low. which can cause Heart beat irregularities. check with you r doc they are symptoms worth discussing.
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Pipo
    I would look at what your wife is getting with her pre-meds. Many oncologists order dexamethasone which can cause headaches and the heart pounding (and I have seen quite a few women post that they get the heart racing after their Neulasta injection). I have had both and have been able to manage it but I agree with making sure the onc knows. The headaches go away as soon as I go off the oral prednisone (dexamethasone) and I take advil or tylenol when needed. I have also found that using a neck massager helps for that. The heart racing usually goes away a couple of days after my Neulasta shot. Good luck to you and your wife!