To Each His Own

Options
imagineit2010
imagineit2010 Member Posts: 152 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Thought I'd throw this out there regarding some recent posts....

To Each His Own

I cannot change the way I am,
I never really try.
God made me different and unique,
I never ask him why.
If I appear peculiar,
There's nothing I can do
You must accept me as I am,
As I've accepted you.
God made a casting of each life,
Then threw the old away,
Each child is different from the rest,
Unlike as night from day.
So often we will criticize,
The things that others do,
But, do you know, they do not think,
The same as me and you.
So God in all his wisdom,
Who knows us all by name,
Did not want for us to be bored,
That's why we're not the same.

Author Unknown

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    unknown said:

Having an airhead moment
    but was he/or she trying to have a go at some people on the board with that poem?
  • papajedi
    papajedi Member Posts: 110
    Options
    unknown said:

Very good point
    luv made a very good point, we all know how this disease ravages our emotions so we do need to be sensitive. Let's drop this thread/discussion and move on.:)
  • imagineit2010
    imagineit2010 Member Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Not tryin to do anything or make a point. I like to research, so when I thought of saying "to each his own" I looked up the origin (out of curiosity). I found this poem and thought it to be relevent to many disscussions on here. That's all. Just like I questioned the intent of a story posted by another member, people sometimes read into writings of a stranger on a public forum. And this is a public forum. And almost everyone on here are strangers to one another despite what you may think. After all, if everyone on internet forums were completely honest you would not have police catching pedophiles all the time and dating websites would be out of business. The truth is most people who bother to use online forums are opinionated and like to share their view of things. There's nothing wrong with that as long as it's not insulting or hurtfull. No one on here has more of a right to voice their opinion over another's. I think people come to these sites to hear different views of cancer and different experiences. Please, don't think bad of someone for wanting to tell their view of the world since that may be the very therapy THEY need to cope. Remember, not everyone is the nurturing type but that doesn't mean they don't care. They might just keep it inside. That is relevent to the poem. It's not an excuse to act bad or mean just don't expect everyone to act the same when dealt the same hand of cards.
  • papajedi
    papajedi Member Posts: 110
    Options

Not tryin to do anything or make a point. I like to research, so when I thought of saying "to each his own" I looked up the origin (out of curiosity). I found this poem and thought it to be relevent to many disscussions on here. That's all. Just like I questioned the intent of a story posted by another member, people sometimes read into writings of a stranger on a public forum. And this is a public forum. And almost everyone on here are strangers to one another despite what you may think. After all, if everyone on internet forums were completely honest you would not have police catching pedophiles all the time and dating websites would be out of business. The truth is most people who bother to use online forums are opinionated and like to share their view of things. There's nothing wrong with that as long as it's not insulting or hurtfull. No one on here has more of a right to voice their opinion over another's. I think people come to these sites to hear different views of cancer and different experiences. Please, don't think bad of someone for wanting to tell their view of the world since that may be the very therapy THEY need to cope. Remember, not everyone is the nurturing type but that doesn't mean they don't care. They might just keep it inside. That is relevent to the poem. It's not an excuse to act bad or mean just don't expect everyone to act the same when dealt the same hand of cards.

Poem
    Was fine, understood it all :)