2»

Comments

• JDuke
    JDuke Member Posts: 438
    Options
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Roger
    so good to see a post from you. Hope you continue to improve every day. So glad to hear that you have such an awesome caregiver. What a difference that makes!!! Take care.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Thinking of You
    Sorry that you haven't been feeling so well lately. Not sure what to tell you about the diet. I know people telling you just to eat isn't the answer. Try the ensure every day though. Hope you are feeling better soon. Glad to see your post.

Kim
  • Brenda3.16
    Brenda3.16 Member Posts: 209
    Options

Thinking of You
    Sorry that you haven't been feeling so well lately. Not sure what to tell you about the diet. I know people telling you just to eat isn't the answer. Try the ensure every day though. Hope you are feeling better soon. Glad to see your post.

Kim

Hi Roger,
    It was great to

Hi Roger,
    It was great to hear from you. I have been thinking about you. When I had VATS procedure in Jan (It was really minor compared to yours). I got depressed after it. I am not one to get depressed or cry. It was a terrible feeling, but it did pass and so will yours. You are so lucky to have your wife taking care of you. Your body will heal in time. I am sending sparks and prayers your way. Brenda
  • pf78248
    pf78248 Member Posts: 209
    Options
    Sending you wishes for a speedy recovery
    Roger,

First of all, because of you I have a new appreciation for crows, although around here they are grackles. If they aren't the same bird, they sure look alike. I really loved your story about them. And as a caregiver for my husband, it always makes me feel good to see another cancer survivor appreciate what your wife does for you. David tells me all the time he couldn't make it without me, and I know that's not true but it does give me a lift when things get a little stressful.

Sounds like you've really been through it and I sure hope the rest of your recovery goes more smoothly. David had an 8 hour liver resection two months ago and is no longer in pain, but is still recovering emotionally and in his level of energy. Just take things a day at a time and don't expect too much.

We met with a nutritionist several times at M D Anderson before and after the surgery. Before it was low fat and high protein. Now it is high protein and lots of calories. We were told to give up veggies and focus on protein so it's protein shakes, a special high protein Carnation shake available for order on line or at a pharmacy, and lots of chicken, turkey, beef, eggs and cheese. Not what you would expect to be a healthy diet, but the point is you need to get your weight up. So eat what tastes good and concentrate on filling up on protein. Your body really needs it.

Keep us posted on your progress!

Hugs and Healing,
    Priscilla
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Roger
    Roger,

I am sorry that you have been having such challenges since your surgery. I hope that things get better for you very quickly. You and your family are in my thoughts.

As for protein...when I was re-growing my liver and needed lots of protein I loved cod and scrod and the occassional lb of bacon.

Amy