Options
15678911»

Comments

• guards
    guards Member Posts: 72
    Options
    Trew said:

Its an 18 frenchy for me!
    I'm using an 18 fr and I am determined to get that cath in every time IF that is what is needed to get on to an AUS. I use a new cath every other day. Today was day 13- or 26x. I haven't missed once. I have been drawing blood with every cath since last Wed evening- that is the last 11 times have been somewhat to real bloody. I think the tissue may be growing back and I am now fighting it off. I'll call my nurse advisor tomorrow and get her imput.

Tonight I am just overwhelmed with a desire to be normal again. Only 8 pads today, but the impact of those 8 pads is beyond comprehesion to the average person, I'm sure.

I cath to get over this and on to something better.

New to this group
    Trew , seems we all have so much in common! I have been using pads for over 16 months every since My uro did a turp when I had a major infection. I had Brachy a little over 2 years ago and it seems I have scaring also. I have since changed uro's I think it was my best move yet. I am currently totally incontinent. In jan I started self cath and suddenly I quit shuttin down and having to got to the emergency room. Then I quit requiring the cath I thought. Well the new uro wanted to look around up there and couldn't get the scope in. 45 minutes after he started he drop kicked the cath in somehow and wanna tell ya that one hurt. So I spent the next 5 weeks getting bigger and bigger caths installed to stretch the spincther out. then we did another cysto. He said I have bad scarring and it will just close again if we let it go. then He said we were going to put in a stent to keep it open permently. had that done on Sep 22. IF big if i guess the stent stays in position and keeps the spincter open I get to have a ams 800 YA HOO. But it will be another 3 months till I know if the stent is correct. He said this is my last hope, if it fails My only hope is a ELIO? conduit and a bag. I really am praying the stent works as I have felt and understand all the emotions you went through as I did myself. Hope you have success trew.
    Has anyone here had anyluck with texas catheters, I'm having none at all.