azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
i really miss thee things how long before you can have them again

Comments

• MK_4Dani
    MK_4Dani Member Posts: 314
    Options
    Why aren't you eating fresh
    Why aren't you eating fresh fruit and veggies? Did I miss a post somewhere along the line? The only thing I was told not to eat was shusi.
  • Karen9182
    Karen9182 Member Posts: 60
    Options
    No sushi or pedicures
    From everything I've read fruits and veggies are good. I was told to not over-do the anti-oxidants. Many hospitals have nutritionists on board. Maybe ask your dr for a referral to speak with one to get the appropriate diet info for you specifically. Bon appetite!
    Karen
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    good for you
    Dear Lynda, fresh fruits and veggies and very good for you, unless you have to be on a low residue diet for bowel blockage or something. The main thing is to wash them, but then everyone should be washing them. So start enjoying these now. Hugs Bonnie
  • Unknown
    Options
    This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

was told
    the literature they gave out and what htey told me was no fresh fruits or veg except bananna, as you can not clean them good enough and may get sick
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    azgrandma said:

was told
    the literature they gave out and what htey told me was no fresh fruits or veg except bananna, as you can not clean them good enough and may get sick

transplant
    I had an NK Cell transplant a couple years ago which brings your wbc to 0 and was told to peel or wash things. In the beginning things like grapes and such that cannot be peeled were off limits but not long. Happy Eating to you.
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Eat up
    I never heard of "not eating fresh fruits and vegetables", only eating them a lot. Saundra
  • nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    fruits veggies
    I was told if my WBC goes to low I should stay away from fruit or veggies I could not peel....along with salad bars. I never had problems with low WBCs though.
  • Cindy Bear
    Cindy Bear Member Posts: 569
    Options
    the runs
    My mother(uterine Cancer) was told to stay away from raw fruit and veggies during chemotherapy. It was also in the handouts they gave her during chemo "orientation" I believe the danger is e coli bacteria which can be present even after you rinse or peel them. Which can among other things give you diarrhea. However, there is no reason why you can't have them cooked as cooking to a high enough temp destroys E-coli. Take care!