More Reading............Lisa- maybe worth a try

Options

Comments

• Erinb
    Erinb Member Posts: 293
    Options
    I love your picture. It
    I love your picture. It reminds me of my brother in Nashville even though he doesn't 'dress' country. I had to check out your profile to see where you were from. I noticed how young you are! Wow! You inspire me. By the way I checked the reading...interesting. You sent a link about the Suzanne Somers Book, but have you read it? Are you doing and non-traditional therapy other than eating healthy. She listed contacts in her book. Have you ever heard of cimetidine?
    Erin
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    Erinb said:

I love your picture. It
    I love your picture. It reminds me of my brother in Nashville even though he doesn't 'dress' country. I had to check out your profile to see where you were from. I noticed how young you are! Wow! You inspire me. By the way I checked the reading...interesting. You sent a link about the Suzanne Somers Book, but have you read it? Are you doing and non-traditional therapy other than eating healthy. She listed contacts in her book. Have you ever heard of cimetidine?
    Erin

Hi Erin
    Goodness, I had to go look at my age....boy wss it wrong! I'm 52 and a Nana to 11 kids! Not too old, but old.....lol

Someone else had mentioned Suzanne Somers so I posted her book. I have not read it. I have read the anti cancer book and really loved it. I have not heard of cimetidine. I read as much as I can but I work full time and it's kinda tough.

I try and eat very healthy

0500 I juice carrot, apples, and tangerines take VIT D3, CALCIUM, B12, AND VIT C and a baby asprin
    0600 a jigger of ALOE JUICE
    0800 Cereal biscuits, soy milk and berries
    10:00 Banana Take a probiotic capsule.
    Lunch, A Kashi frozen meal, or a salad, fruit, tangerines, berries, CHERRIES, tuna on whole grain bread

MID DAY, ALMONDS, SUNFLOWER OR PUMKIN SEEDS

DINNER, Organic Soup from Trader Joes, or I make it, a salad with cranberries, flax seed, baked chicken, fish, greens, greens, and greens, yams, sweet potatoes. I Eat Cactus, Try to get hot tomatoes via a soup.

Juice a green juice if I can. Carrots, kale, celery, ginger, cucumbers, cabbage, mustard green, bok choy, This is all or's, not all at once!! a small jigger of acai berry in the evening.

I try and drink green tea when I can. Add ginger and tumeric when I can.

Use Stevia sugar if I have to, but rare.

I have a taste of beef here in there but it's an exception.

Lots and lots, and lots of water...... and an occasional glass of red wine - Shiraz preferably and it agrees more with my body then my usual Merlot.
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    Nana b said:

Hi Erin
    Goodness, I had to go look at my age....boy wss it wrong! I'm 52 and a Nana to 11 kids! Not too old, but old.....lol

Someone else had mentioned Suzanne Somers so I posted her book. I have not read it. I have read the anti cancer book and really loved it. I have not heard of cimetidine. I read as much as I can but I work full time and it's kinda tough.

I try and eat very healthy

0500 I juice carrot, apples, and tangerines take VIT D3, CALCIUM, B12, AND VIT C and a baby asprin
    0600 a jigger of ALOE JUICE
    0800 Cereal biscuits, soy milk and berries
    10:00 Banana Take a probiotic capsule.
    Lunch, A Kashi frozen meal, or a salad, fruit, tangerines, berries, CHERRIES, tuna on whole grain bread

MID DAY, ALMONDS, SUNFLOWER OR PUMKIN SEEDS

DINNER, Organic Soup from Trader Joes, or I make it, a salad with cranberries, flax seed, baked chicken, fish, greens, greens, and greens, yams, sweet potatoes. I Eat Cactus, Try to get hot tomatoes via a soup.

Juice a green juice if I can. Carrots, kale, celery, ginger, cucumbers, cabbage, mustard green, bok choy, This is all or's, not all at once!! a small jigger of acai berry in the evening.

I try and drink green tea when I can. Add ginger and tumeric when I can.

Use Stevia sugar if I have to, but rare.

I have a taste of beef here in there but it's an exception.

Lots and lots, and lots of water...... and an occasional glass of red wine - Shiraz preferably and it agrees more with my body then my usual Merlot.

I've started reading the
    I've started reading the website and it is informational.
  • thready
    thready Member Posts: 474
    Options
    Erinb said:

I love your picture. It
    Erin

cimetidine
    Cimetidine is tagamet. It is a medication used to treat stomach problems. It was first introduced in the late 1970's as the wonder drug to cure all stomach problems especially ulcers. Although helpful it never really lived up to its expected potential. It was also at that time that the medical community was figuring out that ulcers were often caused by H-pylorus.

Just wondering if Ms Somers recommended this. (Sorry but I am not a big fan)

Take care
    Jan
  • Erinb
    Erinb Member Posts: 293
    Options
    thready said:

cimetidine
    Cimetidine is tagamet. It is a medication used to treat stomach problems. It was first introduced in the late 1970's as the wonder drug to cure all stomach problems especially ulcers. Although helpful it never really lived up to its expected potential. It was also at that time that the medical community was figuring out that ulcers were often caused by H-pylorus.

Just wondering if Ms Somers recommended this. (Sorry but I am not a big fan)

Take care
    Jan

Hi Jan, it was mentioned in
    Hi Jan, it was mentioned in her book by one of the doctors interviewed along with many other different alternative methods. I don't think one treatment is wrong or right, but if my husband is having acid issues why not try tagament rather than pepcid? I guess it's a question to ask the doc. As a wife, when things aren't working the way I want them to I like to have control. I feel like I am helping when I have some control-whether it is cooking a healthy meal-or slipping him some tagament.
    Erin