primary non hodgkins lymphoma stage 4b recurrent with liver metastases

Options
k.athe
k.athe Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Liver Cancer #1
non hodgkins lymphoma stage 4b metastasized to the liver! no options for treatment at all! dr gave me 6 months...i dont like wht im finding out about metatastic liver cancer!

pls share...bless u all!

thank you

k.athe

Comments

• Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Welcome
    Hi Kathe
    Sorry you have to be here, but welcome and I hope we can help you. I was a caregiver for my dad. He recently passed away in March from esophageal cancer with mets to the liver. I will be honest with you, liver cancer is tough. But....each person is different. Each person responds differently to treatment. My dad put up a good fight and had a good life for 16 mos. before he passed. Cancer is a long, hard, roller coaster ride of many ups and downs. You have to be prepared mentally as well as physically.

From what I have learned about non hodkins lymphnoma...it is one of the most treatable cancers. Look it up on the internet. You need to get a 2nd opinion. Where do you live? There are many wonderful, well known cancer centers throughout the USA. Do not give up hope so fast. You have to learn all you can about both of these cancers. Be prepared when you speak to the drs.

I do not like what your drs have said at all! That is not right. No dr should say there is no treatment option, and you have 6 mos to live! My gosh....that is not good bed side manner. You will get more replies from alot of people here that will be able to help you. Good luck and look for that 2nd opinion now! Peace.
    Tina