PET/CT today

Options
Kathryn_in_MN
Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
The time has come. My scan is today and I'll get the results Friday. Common sense tells me not to worry - my CEA is 2.1. And the results will be what they are whether I ignore it and wait till Friday when I find out, or if I drive myself insane with "what-ifs" until Friday.

But I am nervous...can't help it.

Comments

• AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Kathryn,
    It is totally

Kathryn,

It is totally normal to be nervous; but you are right, indications are that all is well. Nevertheless, I want to wish you the best of luck for good results.
  • Brenda3.16
    Brenda3.16 Member Posts: 209
    Options
    AnneCan said:

Kathryn,
    It is totally

Kathryn,

It is totally normal to be nervous; but you are right, indications are that all is well. Nevertheless, I want to wish you the best of luck for good results.

Kathryn, I had my Pet Scan
    Kathryn, I had my Pet Scan last week and was very nervous as well. I know it is normal to be nervous but it doesn't make it any easier. I hope you have good results.
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Hi Kathryn...
    This is a biggie! Your first major scan since finishing what has been a horrendous round of chemo. Of course you are nervous. I always make it a point of treating myself really well, and even being a little frivolous, during that time of "unknowing" between the scan and the results. The pictures are taken, it is what it is.

We are watching and waiting with you...

Rob; in Vancouver
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    Kathryn
    Best wishes for a good scan. You are right the results will be what they will be, you can't change it so worring does you no good. I follow your site and get updates, I am jealous, Mexico sounded so good, glad you were able to get away for a break even though those breaks go by way to fast. Hubby did a good job painting the place, it looks so cute. Hope the fatigue gets better, I think that was George's biggest enemy in this whole mess, the fatigue.

Wishing you the best - Tina
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Kathryn
    Kathryn,

I hope and pray for great results on Friday. Enjoy the next couple of days as best you can.

Amy
  • thready
    thready Member Posts: 474
    Options
    Best wishes
    Kathryn,
    Hope all goes as expected. Hey we made it this far, you can make it until Friday!

Let us know how it goes.
    Jan