Radiation Day 1 done!

Options
ladyg
ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Radiation day 1 done! 32 to go. I feel like I am on my way to the finish line. I can't see it yet but I know it is there. For some reason I actually feel relieved today. Maybe it is because I was so worried about starting the radition. I know I am ready to face whatever is in store for me in the next 7 weeks.

Hugs to all

Comments

• KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    day#5
    Dear LadyG,
    I just had radiation tx #5 of 21 The sessions are thankfully getting shorter and yes, I too felt a sense of relief once I started last week. I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel but I know I am getting there.
    Pampering the left girl with the ointment they gave me and wearing a sports bra four days of the week (when I am in the office) and using a camisole for the remaining three. Except for an exacerbation of my GERD, probably from lying prone during treatments that are just after my breakfast, things are going well. My internist just suggested I double up on my dose of proton pump inhibitor for now. I also switched to a small yogurt and cereal for breakfast, minus the usual banana,and that seems also to relieve that reflux problem.
    Hang in there.
    Hugs,
    KayNYC
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    Me Too
    Had my first treatment yesterday. Congrats to us on making it through day one.

Hugs

Donna
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Options

Me Too
    Had my first treatment yesterday. Congrats to us on making it through day one.

Hugs

Donna

steps toward RAD-Grad day
    Congrats LadyG and BlownAway on progress to your rad-grad (graduation from radiation). Keep posting.
    Hugs, KayNYC