got new mediport today

Options
mikesmom01
mikesmom01 Member Posts: 27
edited March 2014 in Esophageal Cancer #1
Good evening my friends,

We just returned home from Mike's day surgery, he got the new Medi Port in today. He is resting right now and I'm in here in his room with him, watching him,just so grateful to be here with him tonight. The surgery went well, they had to resort to plan B, putting the port on the left side sort of behind the clavicle, it didn't work right in front. The left side is close to his heart and is also where he had a blood clot removed from around the first of April. He'll still go for wound care daily until the other side heals up properly, and will get back to radiation next week. The next round of chemo is still on for the 24th and I'll be taking him for that.
I cannot say how much it means to me for all of you to be here so willing to pray and cheer him on. I hope to get to know all of you alot better, it seems like all of you already have that.

more tomorrow,

Martha

Comments

• Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    TEAM MIKE
    Hi Martha,
    Thanks for letting us know about Mike's latest! Sounds like a good plan. Just do your best to stay focused. Ask many questions, get many answers. Start a journal. This proved to be a wonderful tool for my family to have. We could express all of our thoughts, concerns, and feelings. Since my dad has passed, my mom and I still write in the journal. It is helping us with the grieving process. Tell Mike we are all on his side and cheering him on! Keep in touch.
    Tina
  • MOE58
    MOE58 Member Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    HANG ON
    Martha,

Just remember we all have walked this journey together, I was a newbie this time last year and OMG was I ever a newbie, it was a tough road, you are welcome to go back and read my post but i went from being scared, and wearing baby diapers, to putting on my BIG GIRL PANTIES, and realizing this was not going to be a easy journey, I had so much help on this site, we all are family we vent cry laugh, help and hopefully give the advice people want to hear. If I had not had this site I would have had to be checked in to the hospital with the rest of the patients for help. There were days I thought I couldn't put one foot in front of each other, there were days we didn't think Jeff would pull through, and days I talked to him and told him he will be okay. I spent 5 day and nights at the hospital and only left long enough to go home and shower and come back. We had good days and we had bad days. More good than bad. I cannot express how many friends you will meet on this site and help you get through this journey.

Jeff had to have the IVOR LEWIS surgery, but has now been 1 year and his port is now out.

He is Cancer free but has to return to the oncolgist every 3 months for a pet scan since this is a growing and recurrance cancer at anytime.

Please know if I can help I will be glad to help you

I have retired, MOE"S shoes, and packed away my BIG GIRL PANTIES, and hope to never have to use the shoes or wear my BIG GIRL PANTIES, again for this type of journey.

just remember, LIFE ISN'T ABOUT WAITING FOR A STORM TO PASS, ITS ABOUT LEARNING HOW TO DANCE IN THE RAIN, AUTHOR: KITTEN0385

I have definately danced in the rain more than I wanted.

Good luck and keep in touch
    Lori/Moe