Hello (shyly entering the teal colored room)

Options
pjdreams
pjdreams Member Posts: 77
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hi everybody,

I'm pj, a fellow ovarian cancer fighter. I stumbled onto this website quite by accident yesterday and have been fascinated by all your stories. I finished my chemo in January and have been doing all I can do get my energy and vitality back. I live in Wisconsin and having the warm weather finally arrive has definetely helped my mood (along with everybody else).

If you don't mind I'd love to check in every once in awhile and see how everyone is doing. Your stories really are inspiring to hear and you all need to be commended for your spirit and strength.

Hope to "chat" again soon.

Paula

Comments

• nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    welcome!
    Hi Paula,

Glad you found us. Happy to hear you are finished your treatment. Your hair looks to be growing in nicely! I live on the East coast and am happy to have the warm weather coming too. It does seem to boost the spirit. Watching everything spring to life and turn green again.

Look foward to chatting.
  • vicki_howard
    vicki_howard Member Posts: 15
    Options
    nancy591 said:

welcome!
    Hi Paula,

Glad you found us. Happy to hear you are finished your treatment. Your hair looks to be growing in nicely! I live on the East coast and am happy to have the warm weather coming too. It does seem to boost the spirit. Watching everything spring to life and turn green again.

Look foward to chatting.

hello paula
    I too am a survivor(breast cancer stage2) and my mom is currently battling ovarian. You look great. I'm proud of your completion of chemo. I just went into my garden and it is so soothing. I have lots of buds coming on. I got really into gardening about 2 yrs ago. wow it sure looks great this May. my peonies and iris's are gorgeous now.
    Vicki
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Hi Paula, welcome to the board and congratulations on finishing your chemo!!! Please check in anytime!
    Love your picture,
    kathleen:)
  • Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Hello Paula
    I am from the UK and it is just starting to get warm here. We have had a long cold winter. It is nice to welcome you here. I finished my treatment March 26th and am enjoying my hair on my head (eye lashes and brows included) growing back.

Take care and hope to chat again soon Tina xx
  • pjdreams
    pjdreams Member Posts: 77
    Options

Hello Paula
    I am from the UK and it is just starting to get warm here. We have had a long cold winter. It is nice to welcome you here. I finished my treatment March 26th and am enjoying my hair on my head (eye lashes and brows included) growing back.

Take care and hope to chat again soon Tina xx

thank you
    Thanks for the warm welcome everybody. I'm really glad I found this website.

It's weird because while I was recovering from my surgeries and going thru treatment I rarely sought out others online or looked for information on the internet on ovarian cancer. Now that I've finished chemo and am "coming up for air" so to speak I feel this need to connect with others in the same boat. Maybe it was my way of coping (just deal with what you've got immediately in front of you). Now I find myself comforted by reading and hearing about others' experiences and a willingness and desire to share my own story.

It's another beautiful spring day in Wisconsin. The orioles arrived about 2 weeks ago and I've been keeping the grape jelly jar filled out on the bird feeder so I can watch them from my kitchen window.

Be well everyone and have a great day.
  • LPack
    LPack Member Posts: 645
    Options
    Hello
    Hello Paula,

We welcome you here!! And we all have similar yet distinct stories just like you! We'd love to hear yours.

I know mine needs updated. ☺

Living for Eternity,
    Libby
  • leesag
    leesag Member Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hi Paula,
    Congratulations on

Hi Paula,

Congratulations on finishing your treatments! ;) No need to be shy in this teal colored room, just pull up a chair and join in!

Hugs!

Leesa
  • Unknown
    Options
    This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Welcome
    Hi Paula, welcome to the board we wish didn't have to exist but am so grateful you found us. So glad you stumbled upon us and shared. As you can tell this site is full of amazing teal warriors. Hugs ♥ Prayers Bonnie