rad(iation) tattoos!

jdubious
jdubious Member Posts: 113
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
So I've finally gotten around to reconstruction (after 5.5 years! left mastectomy) and I've got cleavage again after being less than flat on one side. The only funny thing is that one of my radiation tattoos is now right there, front and center, in/at the new cleavage! Looks like someone took a blue ballpoint pen to my chest! (ha!) I'm thinking of getting a new tattoo to disguise it - what would you get in the way of a tiny tattoo?
j

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    My dot tattoo can't be seen
    My dot tattoo can't be seen anymore. They really must have gave you a big one.
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Marcia527 said:

teeny tiny rose
    or an angel or let the rads tat be the tip of a heart or one eye of a frog -- oh, that's just silly.

I like that you're making lemonade out of lemons. Good for you.

Victoria
  • e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    i wouldn't allow then to
    i wouldn't allow then to tattoo me for that reason... We use a sharpe and tegaderm for 7 weeks.... a little bit of a pain, but no blue tattoos, a plus

not that i was apposed to tattoos i have 7 of them, i just didn't want blue marks on me..

you'll think of something cute to cover it... :-)
  • jdubious
    jdubious Member Posts: 113
    I like the idea of an angel!
    I like the idea of an angel! That's a good one! Way better than my idea of a brown circle that looks like a mole!
    j
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    jdubious said:

I like the idea of an angel! That's a good one! Way better than my idea of a brown circle that looks like a mole!
    j

Well
    the mole idea is clever. But I think you've earned yourself something better!!

Victoria
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    One more thing to consider
    One more thing to consider is that eventually your blue tatoo will fade, too. But, what the heck, I think you have earned a tatoo, whatever you choose. Good luck and let us know your decision.
  • Quiltngal
    Quiltngal Member Posts: 12
    MyTurnNow said:

One more thing to consider
    One more thing to consider is that eventually your blue tatoo will fade, too. But, what the heck, I think you have earned a tatoo, whatever you choose. Good luck and let us know your decision.

rad tatoo
    I had read about the procedures for rads treatments and expected to get the tatoo...and instead had BUTTERFLY stickers...cute by the way ( I was given one on the paper when I left for my scrap book)...anyway...OFF after rads...just some irritation where they were but healed very quickly with EMU oil.

I'm surprised at all the different ways things are done...
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Marcia527 said:

Mine were so small to start
    Mine were so small to start with that you could barely see them then, and now, they have faded already to where I really have to search to see them.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    jdubious said:

j

You can't see mine unless
    You can't see mine unless you really, really search for awhile. You could probably get them lasered off if you really wanted to. You might check into that before getting a tattoo. Let us know what you do.

Leeza