emotions running wild

Options
mikesmom01
mikesmom01 Member Posts: 27
edited March 2014 in Esophageal Cancer #1
I just had to stop and post real quick. I am at work right now because I'm really close to being out of PTO and when I am it's going to be rough to say the least. Mike just called me from the pre op room, he's having another port put in today. His step mother is with him as well as my daughter. He said he just couldn't go in without talking to his "momma" and he had a chaplan there to pray with him. I hung up the phone and began to pray like never before and fell apart. My boss is out in a class and I'm in charge so I can't leave for about another couple of hours. I plan to get what HAS to be done for tomorrow and get out of here. We'd talked about this on Friday and he'd told me not to worry, he'd be fine and that his "step-mom would be there, and it's just a day surgery. We're all kind of having to take turns with all the appointments and so forth. I thought this would be alright. To be honest I'm thinking I'm going to need ALOT more time off down the road a little furrther. I've just been trying to cope one day at a time and think ahead as best I can. Please say a quick prayer for him if you have a few moments.

Thank you all for being there,
Martha

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,391 Member
    Options
    Prayers coming your way
    Martha,

Prayers coming your way for Mike. I know it can be difficult to manage your work responsibilities and be there for your family as well. Sounds like Mike has lots of support and that is great.

We will be praying that everything goes well with the port placement and treatments to come.

Paul Adams
    AKA: "paul61"
    McCormick, South Carolina
  • Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    We are all here
    Hi Martha
    Thanks for Mike's update. It is wonderful that he has a lot of support, that is important. Great that he had to talk to his "Mom". Gives me goosebumps! What a great son. I am sure your boss and the company you work for will be able to give you some time off. There is such a thing as "family leave". I am so happy to hear that you are praying like never before, and that you are having a positive attitude. They are both so important to remember. God bless all of you at this time. Keep us updated on Mike as you can.
    Peace.
    Tina
  • unclaw2002
    unclaw2002 Member Posts: 599
    Options
    We are all here for you and
    We are all here for you and prayers are on their way. Cindy
  • Lylesmyprince
    Lylesmyprince Member Posts: 130
    Options

We are all here for you and
    We are all here for you and prayers are on their way. Cindy

Dear Martha,
    Waiting and trusting on others to care for the one's we love so deeply is difficult. Thankfully, we don't have to try to control our situations because God already knows! I pray that you have strength and endurance to go through this journey. There is a lot of waiting and praying along this road. This is a great place to find wonderful prayer partners...and we are there with you!!

Susie
  • Donna70
    Donna70 Member Posts: 852 Member
    Options

Dear Martha,
    Waiting and trusting on others to care for the one's we love so deeply is difficult. Thankfully, we don't have to try to control our situations because God already knows! I pray that you have strength and endurance to go through this journey. There is a lot of waiting and praying along this road. This is a great place to find wonderful prayer partners...and we are there with you!!

Susie

prayers coming
    Hi Martha,
    I have not posted to you yet but have been reading all the posts, I am a Mike's mom too and was shocked at the stage and your son's age to go thru all this. I hope your place does have a family leave program but if it was like my husband's there is no pay coming in, we were saved by SS payments because my husband was working at 67. So it can be hard to go on family leave without money coming in. It sounds like you have a network of family and that maybe your saving grace if time off is spread around. Your son sounds like a wonderful guy, I am praying for you and him and that the drs will do what is right and help him. Prayers always,
    Donna70