HELLO

Options
lfennell
lfennell Member Posts: 21
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN ON HERE MUCH.WHEN I TOOK CHEMO BACK IN 2001 FOR OVARIAN CANCER,I HAD REACTIONS TO THE CHEMO.WELL AFTER ALMOST NINE YEARS,I'M STILL HAVING A REACTION.WHEN I WAS TAKING CHEMO,I FELT LIKE SOMEBODY HAD POURED A BUCKET OF ICE IN BOTH MY FEET.WELL GUESS WHAT??I'M STILL HAVING THOSE SAME FEELINGS IN MY FEET.I HAVE TALKED TO MY ONCOLOGIST ABOUT THIS AND HE SAYS THAT THIS FEELING SHOULD BE GONE AWAY.I TOLD HIM ITS NOT GONE AWAY YET.HE DID NOT SAY ANYTHING.THATS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY I HAVEN'T BEEN ON HERE VERY MUCH.I'VE BEEN HAVING SUCH A PROBLEM WITH THAT FEELINF IN MY FEET.DO ANY OF YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM AFTER YOU HAVE FINISHED THE CHEMO AFTER ALONG TIME???WOULD APPRECIATE YOU ALL GIVING ME YOUR OPINION ON THIS.HOPE YOU ALL ARE HAVING A GOOD DAY AND HOPE YOU ALL ARE DOING GOOD.TAKE CARE.GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!
LYNN FENNELL

Comments

• nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are still
    Sorry to hear you are still having side effects. I have no experience with those side effect....sorry. Are you saying you haven't been on chemo for 9 years? That certainly something to celebrate!!!!

I hope your symptoms abate. GOOD LUCK!!
  • lfennell
    lfennell Member Posts: 21
    Options
    nancy591 said:

Sorry to hear you are still
    Sorry to hear you are still having side effects. I have no experience with those side effect....sorry. Are you saying you haven't been on chemo for 9 years? That certainly something to celebrate!!!!

I hope your symptoms abate. GOOD LUCK!!

HELLO
    HEY NANCY591
    YES,I'VE BEEN OFF CHEMO FOR NINE YEARS.IN JULY OF THIS YEAR WILL MAKE NINE YEARS THAT I'VE BEEN CANCER FREE.I JUST WISH THESE SIDE EFFECTS OF THE CHEMO WOULD GO AWAY.THANK YOU,NANCY.HOPE YOU ARE DOING GOOD.TAKE CARE.TALK LATER.
    GOD BLESS YOU
    LYNN
  • vicki_howard
    vicki_howard Member Posts: 15
    Options
    lfennell said:

HELLO
    HEY NANCY591
    YES,I'VE BEEN OFF CHEMO FOR NINE YEARS.IN JULY OF THIS YEAR WILL MAKE NINE YEARS THAT I'VE BEEN CANCER FREE.I JUST WISH THESE SIDE EFFECTS OF THE CHEMO WOULD GO AWAY.THANK YOU,NANCY.HOPE YOU ARE DOING GOOD.TAKE CARE.TALK LATER.
    GOD BLESS YOU
    LYNN

something else
    hi lynn
    could it possibly be something else?? my goodness 9 yrs . I'm 6.5 yrs out so far.
    hope you feel better.
    vicki
  • katie.bug
    katie.bug Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Hello
    I'm just 6 months out of chemo treatments but yes I have problems with my feet. My dr calls it neuropathy. It should have gone away after a month out of chemo but it hasn't. I don't know if thats what you have, but the pain can be intense, numbness, tingling, very painful in my toes. I'm currently in a clinical trial for cream to help with the symptoms so hopefully soon you might find relief

hang in there!