My mom passed away Mothers Day weekend...

mdnikki
mdnikki Member Posts: 34
edited March 2014 in Caregivers #1
I posted this on the emotional support board as well, but this board is where I posted the most so wanted to share with you as well.

Although I wasn't a member of this board for long, I wanted to post that my mom passed away Saturday May 8th from lung cancer. The last 3 months since her diagnosis have been such a rollercoaster that I am trying to take comfort in the fact she is at peace. However it doesn't fill the void in my heart.

We have always talked a few times everyday and I visited her a couple of times a week. I really don't know how I am going to fill the void.

I do want to thank those of you who have given me support and advice on these boards.

Thank you..
Nicol

Comments

• Barbara53
    Barbara53 Member Posts: 652
    now the healing begins
    Nicol, I am so sorry to hear of your loss, and on Mother's Day weekend! Perhaps your mother received the greatest gift of all, peace and freedom from suffering. I felt relieved when my dad died, but it didn't stop the hurt. You may not feel it now, but the healing has already begun. Good luck with the days ahead.
  • ssfbeagle
    ssfbeagle Member Posts: 50
    I feel your pain
    I am sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. I lost my mom on May 7th. after a year long battle with uterine cancer. We were very close also. I talked to her 2 to 3 times a day and usualy saw her everyday. She lives 5 minutes away. Today is hard. Last week was so busy with the funeral arrangements. I'm by myself with the two dogs and my husband went back to work. I can't seem to focus on what to do. Plus it's raining outside which makes me more depressed. Hang in there. I'm told it get's better.
  • IsabelSierra
    IsabelSierra Member Posts: 40
    Im Sorry
    For your loss, loosing a mom is probably one of the worst things one can go through, i still have my mom fighting to survive during this war against breast cancer!
    Hang in there, your mom may not be with u physically but her spirit will always be with you so when youre feeling sad talk to her she will listen to you, she is in a better place with no pain in peace, youre not alone Nicol, hang in there!
    come cope here when u need to we're always here to help!

Hugs

Isabel
  • mdnikki
    mdnikki Member Posts: 34
    I feel the same..so empty
    Exactly the same as you..lived 5 mintues apart...talked a few times a day..saw each other so often. I so understand the week of her funeral was so hectic and the weekend spent clearing out her apt etc. But it is really starting to hit me today for some reason. Its raining here too and I am just feeling like I have nothing to look forward to. After visiting her every day for 3 months in the hospital etc. My nights are so empty.

She would be the first person I would call when I heard a funny joke or when my son had a great day etc. I just have this urge to pick up the phone and dial...and then fall apart realizing I will never have that connection again.

She has left a huge void in my life...
  • mazzsun
    mazzsun Member Posts: 5
    I know how you feel!
    Nicol,

I'm very sorry for your loss. I too lost my mother to sudden onset stage IV lung cancer. She was diagnosed April 22, 2009 and died August 1st, 2009 and I'm just getting on this site. So, good for you that you got connected soon. I have been longing to talk again with my mom for nine months now. To know that I will never hear her voice again saddens me greatly. To know though, that she is forever in my heart and always walks beside me usually gets me through a tough day. I know she is at peace, just as your mom is and for that I am thankful. Take it one day at a time. Slowly, your heart will heal and maybe one day we will all find peace again.