Options
2»

Comments

• mmurcia2000
    mmurcia2000 Member Posts: 27
    Options
    mikkiway said:

I was diagnosed with uterine cancer 2 weeks ago
    This is my story I was having a lot of problems with heavy bleeding, clots and horrible cramps. I would have never went to the doctor but I started to bleed twice a month and I knew something was wrong. So one of my coworkers suggested I get "Abalation" she had it and raved how it changed her life. I found a doctor to get this God send and my doctor ordered a biopsy and an ultrasound. I was so excited, I had my Abalation surgery set for Aug 16. I get to the hospital get checked in they take back I'm in the bed IV in my arm. My doctor comes in to discuss any questions I may have and that’s when my life changed he remembers my strange name and he gets very quiet then starts to apologize to me. I'm so confused I'm thinking what wrong then he said the words..."After reviewing your biopsy I'm sorry you have uterine cancer" He went on to say that I was young and it appears to be at stage 1 grade 1 which was good news. I believed the world stopped for a few seconds. They obviously canceled the Abalation surgery he set me up with a gynecology oncology Dr so now I'm scheduled for a complete robotic hysterectomy including removing my lymph nodes and needless to say I'm TERRIFIED! I don’t know what scares me more the surgery, recovery or what may come after having a hysterectomy. I guess I should say I'm 39, I was married at a very young age so I am blessed to have a son 18 and a daughter 19. I am single now I have a guy friend that I'm crazy about but that’s a whole other story I've been dating for almost a year he's been pretty nice to me thru all of this but its much more than he signed up for. I'm a only child, I lost my mother who was my best friend 10 months ago and I feel very alone my children are both in school which worries me a lot because I hear I will need lots of help after the surgery. I hope the recovery wont be long until I can care for myself because I'm usually not one for depending on people. I want to thank you for all your wonderful stories they have truly helped me to know there are woman out there with the same problems, questions and worries as me it is very comforting. Well my surgery is scheduled for Sept 1st please keep me in your prayers I will let you know how it turns out......God Bless you ALL!

you are not alone
    I was diagnosed at the end of June with adenosarcoma after numerous surgeries for uterine cysts and 2 1/2 years of trying to get pregnant. I had a radical hysterectomy a week after diagnosis with the Da Vinci Robot which I am assuming you are having when you say robotic. I have to tell you that the recovery was much faster than a traditional surgery. I went back to work after 2 weeks which might have been a bit too soon due to fatigue, but all in all I felt better soon.

I too was scared, but just 2 months post diagnosis and 7 weeks post surgery, I can tell you that things get better. My cancer was caught early - stage 1 grade 1- so my doctor did not suggest chemo or radiation for me.

My suggestion would be to find someone that can help you. I too do not like to depend on people but let yourself be surrounded by those that want to help and love you. Trust me, even sitting on the toilet can be quite a feat post surgery.

In terms of post surgery- I can tell you that you will have some pain, but mine was only in the incisions on my belly not inside. I have 5 small incision horizontally on either side of my belly button and one a little lower. Since I opted for a radical hysterectomy which includes my ovaries and a piece of my cervix in addition to the uterus and biopsies of the ymph nodes, I went into instant menoupause. Yes, I have hot flashes and some vaginal dryness, but thats it.I have a little portable fan which i take with me everywhere and am taking some over the counter supplements to help.

I know you are scared and trust me its normal. I am 30 years old and am dealing with the feelings of loss due to my inability to bear children, but we are looking into adopting. Hearing that you have cancer is never easy regardless of age. My world stopped when they diagnosed me too. Fortunately, my husband was with me and he told me what they said after- you have cancer.

This blog has been incredibly helpful to me and I am sure you will find it too. There is much value in hearing others who have gone through it before. I am thinking of you and will keep you in my prayers.

Mercy