POSSIBLE UTERINE POLYP MY MOTHER DIED AT 49 IN 4 MONTHS FROM ENDOMETRIAL CANCER!

Options
2»

Comments

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Options

Thanks Notime! It’s nice to hear from you. She is going to have the surgery when I visit in mid March. I’m so glad and really hope it’s not cancer! I will look at it positively. I’ll post and let you know how it comes out!

• Fridays Child
    Fridays Child Member Posts: 277 Member
    Options

Good luck to you with your chemo! We're all different in how we respond to it, but it helps to hear the experiences of others. With my recurrence, I had 5 weeks of daily radiation and weekly low dose chemo, then a 3 week break followed by full dose chemo every three weeks. I'd been helping my daughter three days a week with her two year old and had to cut back to two days, one at her house and one at mine. Sometimes when she would take her nap she'd want me to lie down next to her, and occasionally I would doze a little bit. Otherwise I didn't take naps but did try to go to bed earlier. There were no days when I just didn't get out of bed.

The Neulasta gave me bone pain as well. Claritin didn't help, but I asked if I could use benadryl instead and it did help. I noticed that the pains were more intense in joints that had been injured, like the wrist I'd broken as a teenager. Some people say to start taking it a few days before chemo so I'm not sure which timing works best.

My port has now been in for four years. Although I had good response, I am not NED, so I guess they don't want to take it out in case I need it again.

May you have an easy time and an excellent response to treatment!

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

NoTime,

When genetic testing confirmed that I had Lynch Syndrome, my siblings got tested too. I will say that my oldest sister was really resistant to getting tested. She figured she was already in her 80s with no cancer, so why bother. But she has seven children and several grandchildren, so my other sister really pushed her to get tested for her children and grandchildren's sakes. She finally agreed. Neither she or my other sister inherited Lynch, but my brother did. But my brother or I don't have children, so the Lynch Syndrome stops with us.

I'm sorry that your sister won't share her cancer specifics since cancer clearly runs in your family. I'm not sure you'd be any more vigilant than you are already, but it may make a difference to other family members.