Arimidex

Options
2»

Comments

• sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    How is everyone doing?
    I started June 1st, so this is day 9 and so far so good. If you had side effects, when did they start and what type?

Sue
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    I got off it
    I was on Tamoxifen and then was switched to Arimedex. After being on it for about a year, I just started feeling so much joint pain and stiffness. Now I'm back on Tamoxifen for about a year but the joint pain never left. Not sure if it was because of the Arimidex or just the risiduals of all the chemo.

Personally, for me, I didn't like it.

Blessings to you!
    sea60
  • roseyposey333
    roseyposey333 Member Posts: 68
    Options
    kickie said:

Hey shelbyhome
    I take Arimidex for about five months, have no side effects. I take my at night . My Dr said to get plenty of calcium to prevent bone loss which i do from vitamins etc, i will be on it for five yr's. everyone is different so if you didn't have and problems before you may get along ok. hope this info helps ya!!!

haven't started meds yet
    Waiting for my radiation to start and was told I will take Arimiidex for 5 years after that so this is a great place to prepare for my future experiences with the med. I barely took an aspirin before my cancer so this is really a stretch for me but I will do what I need to do to stay healthy.
    Thank you all for your input and I have to say I just love reading these posts as I have little support and don't know many people who have been through this to ask.
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

I got off it
    I was on Tamoxifen and then was switched to Arimedex. After being on it for about a year, I just started feeling so much joint pain and stiffness. Now I'm back on Tamoxifen for about a year but the joint pain never left. Not sure if it was because of the Arimidex or just the risiduals of all the chemo.

Personally, for me, I didn't like it.

Blessings to you!
    sea60

don't want to rock the boat...
    but still so far so good. Tomorrow will be two weeks and nothing feels different. Don't know if that's good or bad.

Victoria
  • mollymousemom
    mollymousemom Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Arimidex
    guess I'm the one that has all the side effects......started taking Arimidex 12/26/2009...Onc Dr took me off it the week before Memorial Day....I was crying all the time for no reason that I could come up with...before BC, was on Xanax 0.5mg once a day(couldn't tolerate that, so only took 1/2 tab whenever I needed it, which was maybe once or twice a month...but since starting Arimidex, was having to take them everyday & the last month, had been taking full dosage & not doing any good....have pain in hip joints & sometimes feet(if I sit for more than 15 min, can hardly get up & walk...once started moving, it gets better, but sure is a pain to get started....have developed trigger finger in both hands in last month...don't know if this is related or not, but with everything else, wouldn't surprise me if it wree.......had hot flashes that were almost unbearable to begin with....still have them, but can deal with them much easier....some days, it's one right after another & then have days when seems like just a few(keep fan pointing at me at work to cool me off when I have one)...at home, will eat 1/2 of double popsicle & that will cool me off quickly...got to buy stock in the popsicle co....lol.......see my onc dr 6/21/10 & we will decide what I'll take then......I'll have to take something because my bc was Estrogen +.......I wish all of you good luck with Arimidex & hope you continue to do well with it.....
    Margaret
  • TawnyS
    TawnyS Member Posts: 144 Member
    Options

Arimidex
    guess I'm the one that has all the side effects......started taking Arimidex 12/26/2009...Onc Dr took me off it the week before Memorial Day....I was crying all the time for no reason that I could come up with...before BC, was on Xanax 0.5mg once a day(couldn't tolerate that, so only took 1/2 tab whenever I needed it, which was maybe once or twice a month...but since starting Arimidex, was having to take them everyday & the last month, had been taking full dosage & not doing any good....have pain in hip joints & sometimes feet(if I sit for more than 15 min, can hardly get up & walk...once started moving, it gets better, but sure is a pain to get started....have developed trigger finger in both hands in last month...don't know if this is related or not, but with everything else, wouldn't surprise me if it wree.......had hot flashes that were almost unbearable to begin with....still have them, but can deal with them much easier....some days, it's one right after another & then have days when seems like just a few(keep fan pointing at me at work to cool me off when I have one)...at home, will eat 1/2 of double popsicle & that will cool me off quickly...got to buy stock in the popsicle co....lol.......see my onc dr 6/21/10 & we will decide what I'll take then......I'll have to take something because my bc was Estrogen +.......I wish all of you good luck with Arimidex & hope you continue to do well with it.....
    Margaret

mollymousemom
    I have now been on Arimidex 3 plus months and my hips/legs/feet kill me if I sit or keep them in one place for even 5 minutes. This has started up since my last post on this thread. Once I get up and move around then it is fine....but getting up is the problem. Just like you. Also the hot flashes. WOW! It seems they have tapered off, but the flashes are so intense! I was wondering if it was the meds. I was thinking it was, but I really didn't want to admit it to myself. I just wanted to stay on the Arimidex for the long haul and get it over with. I guess that might not work out for me. I cannot live like this with the pain in the lower part of my body. I see my oncologist on the 24th, so I'll see what he says. Please let me know what med you switch to (if you do) since you go to the doc before me. I'll explore it with him. I'm 37 and I walk around like I'm 137! I need my gitty up back! : )
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    TawnyS said:

mollymousemom
    I have now been on Arimidex 3 plus months and my hips/legs/feet kill me if I sit or keep them in one place for even 5 minutes. This has started up since my last post on this thread. Once I get up and move around then it is fine....but getting up is the problem. Just like you. Also the hot flashes. WOW! It seems they have tapered off, but the flashes are so intense! I was wondering if it was the meds. I was thinking it was, but I really didn't want to admit it to myself. I just wanted to stay on the Arimidex for the long haul and get it over with. I guess that might not work out for me. I cannot live like this with the pain in the lower part of my body. I see my oncologist on the 24th, so I'll see what he says. Please let me know what med you switch to (if you do) since you go to the doc before me. I'll explore it with him. I'm 37 and I walk around like I'm 137! I need my gitty up back! : )

WEll, 10 days later....
    and I'm having some of the same side effects I read above. You girls describe it to a tee!
    When I sit still my legs HURT! The numbness on the bottom of my feet has been worse each night. Also I CAN'T sleep!!!! Tonight I'm going for the whole Xanax and see if that helps. I HATE taking meds, but you do what you gotta do. Tomorrow I'll be in California, I had to move my 5th gr classroom to another room and had a graduation ceremony to plan and help run this past week, so I'm not too sure what to blame my pain on...