Tamoxifen & bleeding, increased thickness uterin walls

karinna
karinna Member Posts: 42
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello, ladies. Question for you. I have been taking Tamoxifen for almost 2 years now. I developed bleeding (just once) and the lining of my uterin wall thickened by 3x. Doctor said Tamoxifen can do that. I see him (Dr) Monday and he will be asking if I want to change this medication. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

I noticed some discussion about Tamoxifen use. I have night sweats all night, waking me 5-7 times each night. Also have sweats during the day. I take Vit E twice a day. Needless to say, fatigue is a real issue. I also still struggle with cognitive challenges since chemo (finished 2 years ago). Memory is a real problem at times. Anyone else still struggling with that?

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I had trouble with spotting
    I had trouble with spotting after being on Tamoxifen 9 months. The onc took a blood test to determine if I was in menopause. I was so he sent me to a OBGYN. She did an ultrasound and a pap and a biopsy. All were fine so she did a hysteroscopy (just taking a look) and then a D&C. I had uterine polyps. She didn't say anything about the wall thickening. The onc didn't know if the Tamoxifen had anything to do with the spotting but switched my medication just in case.