rrogers34

elm3544
elm3544 Member Posts: 748
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Wondering how your surgery went yesterday? When do you get pathology results?
Thinking of you...

Comments

• elm3544
    just bumping this up
    so you will see it
  • rrogers34
    rrogers34 Member Posts: 135
    surgery went well! Thanks for thinking of me
    My surgery went well. My breast looks a little deformed because the ace wrapped me so tight that when I took a deep breath only the my neck and shoulders expanded. LOL. I'm not sure when the pathology report is due in, but this Dr is really great and if there is a problem he will find out as soon as possible. I am a little worried, even though it was my idea to do the re-excision to get wider margins. My appointment with the radiologist is May 27th and I want to be able to keep it. The race for the cure was yesterday and though I could not be there I was thinking of all my sisters in pink. When I got home from my parents house (my Dad is very ill) someone had left a bag on my door, with a pink hat, pink ribbon necklace, cheryl's cookie, all kinds of goodies. There were two letters, one from a 4th grader and one a 2nd,grader. They were writting to survivors telling us how brave we are. It brought tears to my eyes. I dont know how they got my name and address. I am going to write a thank you note and send to the school. I thought it was soooo sweet.
    I dont know how I would have gotten through all of this so far without my sisters in pink. It breaks my heart each time I see a new member, but I am glad to be part of such a caring,loving,group of people. Love to all of you and God Bless you as he has blessed me with each of you!
  • rrogers34
    rrogers34 Member Posts: 135
    surgery went well! Thanks for thinking of me
    My surgery went well. My breast looks a little deformed because the ace wrapped me so tight that when I took a deep breath only the my neck and shoulders expanded. LOL. I'm not sure when the pathology report is due in, but this Dr is really great and if there is a problem he will find out as soon as possible. I am a little worried, even though it was my idea to do the re-excision to get wider margins. My appointment with the radiologist is May 27th and I want to be able to keep it. The race for the cure was yesterday and though I could not be there I was thinking of all my sisters in pink. When I got home from my parents house (my Dad is very ill) someone had left a bag on my door, with a pink hat, pink ribbon necklace, cheryl's cookie, all kinds of goodies. There were two letters, one from a 4th grader and one a 2nd,grader. They were writting to survivors telling us how brave we are. It brought tears to my eyes. I dont know how they got my name and address. I am going to write a thank you note and send to the school. I thought it was soooo sweet.
    I dont know how I would have gotten through all of this so far without my sisters in pink. It breaks my heart each time I see a new member, but I am glad to be part of such a caring,loving,group of people. Love to all of you and God Bless you as he has blessed me with each of you!
  • elm3544
    I'm happy to hear it went
    I'm happy to hear it went well! What a sweet surprise to find those lovely gifts and letters waiting for you! I'm sorry you had to miss the relay, I know how important it is to me, but there will be more races for you to participate in when you feel up to it!
    Take care of yourself and keep us updated!