Mothers update in Indiana

Options
vicki_howard
vicki_howard Member Posts: 15
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hello all,
My mom was rushed to the hospital yesterday before her dr. appt. She had pain (from dramomyiosis) and was so weak. She was slightly dehydrated and low blood pressure and low oxygen level. She is at a great hospital which the amulance took her to (not the local hospital). Thank goodness. My father is so glad she is receiving care. Things got bad quickly. They will continue to stabalize her to begin chemo. This onc. canceled the surgery with gyno and colon drs. and will start chemo. Its been a rough 24 hrs. Blessings to all I very much appreciate all your help. If you did not know she has stage O breast cancer diagnosed first and stage 4 ovarian just diagnosed 2 wks ago. My 9 yr old daughter taped a song she wrote, sang and played on her guitar, which I played for mom while she lay on the hospital bed. I told her to keep fighting. Mom will.
Vicki

Comments

• Lisa13Q
    Lisa13Q Member Posts: 677
    Options
    HI Vicki
    Thanks for the update...sorry for the hospital stay but I think that is par for the course. I spent a week in the hospital with my mother in December and amazingly it was ok even though the circumstances were tough, we made the best of it. I used to go out in the freezing cold and buy her Haagen Daaz milkshakes to put her pills in. I'm glad you have faith in the hospital and I think you'd be amazed at how well they care for patients. I am praying for your Mom and your family but your Mom sounds like a fighter and I am betting she will do well!! Your daughter sounds like a wonderful wonderful person as well...How neat she wrote a song for your Mom...Take care and keep us posted...
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Vicki
    Thanks for keeping us updated. Your mom is blessed to have you at her side! It sounds like she is in good hands. Come here anytime to hang out, get support, or ask questions. There is a lot of wonderful ladies here. I could not have made it through my journey this far without this board.
    Take care,
    kathleen