Prayers for Layne's new round

Options
Betty in Vegas
Betty in Vegas Member Posts: 290 Member
edited March 2014 in Esophageal Cancer #1
We start today and he gets the biopsy results today.

Prayers requested for the round to be easy...I hate that he feels so FANTASTIC and has to go in to be made sick :(

Comments

• 38sallyb
    38sallyb Member Posts: 87
    Options
    Layne
    Hi Betty,
    You have our prayers for Layne, you and your business(es). We believe in prayer and in the blessings it brings.
    Sally
  • Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Best of Luck Layne
    Hey Betty and Layne,
    I know you are feeling fantastic, but you must continue to kill that cancer! You are a trooper, you will be fine. You have been here before, you know what to expect, you know how to deal with it. We will be thinking of both of you and praying for you. Let us know how he is doing.
    Tina
  • Ellie_E
    Ellie_E Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Prayers
    Prayers for you and Layne that all goes well

Ellie
  • paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,391 Member
    Options
    Sending prayers your way
    Betty,

We will be praying that Layne's new round will be effective with minimal side effects.

As I am currently going through Chemo I know the feeling. The week I get all three chemo drugs I have a difficult week, then the next week I start to feel better, the third week I really start to feel good.... then it is time to start the cycle again.

But I remind myself that the side effects are temporary. I spoil myself during the difficult week by resting a lot and eating things that I know will be easy to deal with. And most of all continue to tell myself "this too will pass".

Best Regards,

Paul Adams

AKA "paul61"

McCormick, South Carolina
  • cjmac49
    cjmac49 Member Posts: 100
    Options
    Best to you both
    Here's hoping for some real good news.
    Jim
  • Betty in Vegas
    Betty in Vegas Member Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Ok, here we go again...
    I'm going to repost our carepage entry here...so you can all see our interesting day.

“The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the defense of my life; Who shall I dread?”

Interesting…this cancer walk is interesting. You never know what is going to happen. God works in the most interesting ways.

First, let us tell you an interesting story. You know, when you have cancer, it is the little things that become so important. You want to fill your life with all the things you love, people, sights, and foods. Well, Layne LOVES cherries. Ranier cherries are his absolute favorite, but they are expensive and grown in Washington state, so we have to wait each year for the farmer’s markets in Oregon to get them. And he loves sitting and eating his cherries.

Nine years ago, when we moved into our home, we put in three trees. Two apple and an ash tree. Last night, I (Betty) was in the back yard, and what did I see? Weird fruit looking things on the tree! So, I tasted it, and it tasted like a cherry. How odd. So, I took it in to show Layne and he said, “That is a cherry!”

I said, well, it came off the ash tree in the back yard! What an amazing thing and a very, very nice blessing. Thank you, Lord!

Then, this morning, we came to Nevada Cancer to start chemo. We assumed the biopsy had verified the PET scan of five spots on the liver, because we had heard nothing. The interesting thing is…and they aren’t sure what it means yet, so no one should get too excited…but the biopsies are clean. No cancer.

Now, it was only the largest spot that was biopsied, but isn’t that amazing? No cancer in the biopsy?

We don’t want to read too much into it, but we are optimistic that this news is good thus far. We think that the Lord has something up his sleeve—we have felt that he has been carrying us. And we know, WE KNOW that he could just heal Layne with no chemo, no surgery—he chooses to provide medicines and doctors, but if he chooses to, this could all go away in a second. Therefore, we are on this journey for a purpose. We are trying to glorify Him in the journey…and to learn to walk not by sight, but by fate.

Please don’t quit praying. We know that your prayers are changing our lives. Never think “No one knows…my prayers are not important.” They ARE important. God listens. He does listen.

And He cares about YOU !
  • 38sallyb
    38sallyb Member Posts: 87
    Options

Ok, here we go again...
    I'm going to repost our carepage entry here...so you can all see our interesting day.

“The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the defense of my life; Who shall I dread?”

Interesting…this cancer walk is interesting. You never know what is going to happen. God works in the most interesting ways.

First, let us tell you an interesting story. You know, when you have cancer, it is the little things that become so important. You want to fill your life with all the things you love, people, sights, and foods. Well, Layne LOVES cherries. Ranier cherries are his absolute favorite, but they are expensive and grown in Washington state, so we have to wait each year for the farmer’s markets in Oregon to get them. And he loves sitting and eating his cherries.

Nine years ago, when we moved into our home, we put in three trees. Two apple and an ash tree. Last night, I (Betty) was in the back yard, and what did I see? Weird fruit looking things on the tree! So, I tasted it, and it tasted like a cherry. How odd. So, I took it in to show Layne and he said, “That is a cherry!”

I said, well, it came off the ash tree in the back yard! What an amazing thing and a very, very nice blessing. Thank you, Lord!

Then, this morning, we came to Nevada Cancer to start chemo. We assumed the biopsy had verified the PET scan of five spots on the liver, because we had heard nothing. The interesting thing is…and they aren’t sure what it means yet, so no one should get too excited…but the biopsies are clean. No cancer.

Now, it was only the largest spot that was biopsied, but isn’t that amazing? No cancer in the biopsy?

We don’t want to read too much into it, but we are optimistic that this news is good thus far. We think that the Lord has something up his sleeve—we have felt that he has been carrying us. And we know, WE KNOW that he could just heal Layne with no chemo, no surgery—he chooses to provide medicines and doctors, but if he chooses to, this could all go away in a second. Therefore, we are on this journey for a purpose. We are trying to glorify Him in the journey…and to learn to walk not by sight, but by fate.

Please don’t quit praying. We know that your prayers are changing our lives. Never think “No one knows…my prayers are not important.” They ARE important. God listens. He does listen.

And He cares about YOU !

How wonderful! God's
    How wonderful! God's blessings come when we least expect it. Lesson: to expect the blessings!
    Sally
  • oriontj
    oriontj Member Posts: 375
    Options
    I pray daily for you and
    I pray daily for you and Layne and at night also...Prayer is powerful..

So hoping that the clean part stays...

orion
  • Donna70
    Donna70 Member Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    oriontj said:

I pray daily for you and
    I pray daily for you and Layne and at night also...Prayer is powerful..

So hoping that the clean part stays...

orion

that is so great
    Hi Betty and Layne,
    I am praying that all the spots are negative. God does work in mysterious ways and what a great story. I think just like you, you never give up, God has a reason for all of this and every prayer does matter. Prayers will continue and I am so thrilled when I hear how good Layne is feeling and I am a cherry nut just like him!!! take care, prayers always,
    Donna70