Saw oncologist today ------------ nothing but bad news & I'm really scared :(

Options

Comments

• mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Oh Sweetie
    I'm so sorry. This must be so scary. I do know someone who's had a port installed in his head (as well as other places) for treatment. He had lukemia that had spread to the brain. He was in his 20's at the time and now he's 35 with 3 children. It's treatable. Hugs. Please let us know.

Mimi
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Oh Sweetie
    I'm so sorry. This must be so scary. I do know someone who's had a port installed in his head (as well as other places) for treatment. He had lukemia that had spread to the brain. He was in his 20's at the time and now he's 35 with 3 children. It's treatable. Hugs. Please let us know.

Mimi

You
    You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Victoria
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    aisling8 said:

You
    You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Victoria

Sending you lots of prayers
    Sending you lots of prayers Libby!
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    So sorry
    to hear that! I bet you are freaked out..Take one step at a time.
    I pray that it is not as bad as we can guess!
    Keep us posted.
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Options
    Libby -
    So sorry you are having to go through this. The waiting always seems like the hardest part and my thoughts and prayers will be with you that the visit to the neurosurgeon has good news. As everyone has said, we are all here for you!

Chris
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Libby -
    So sorry you are having to go through this. The waiting always seems like the hardest part and my thoughts and prayers will be with you that the visit to the neurosurgeon has good news. As everyone has said, we are all here for you!

Chris

I would be freaked out too
    I would be freaked out too Libby. Try to think positive and stay strong!

Praying for you!
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Options

I would be freaked out too
    I would be freaked out too Libby. Try to think positive and stay strong!

Praying for you!

Hi Libby.
    I'm very sorry to hear what you are dealing with right now. Don't give up! My best advise is to take each day one at a time. Try to take a wait and see attitude. I know it is easier said than done. It may not be cancer and if it is they have treatments and are coming out with new ones all the time. If you are really freaking out, ask you oncologist for anxiety meds. You deserve all the help you can get to help you deal with this uncertainty. Isn't the uncertainty the worst! Hugs, hugs, hugs.

Roseann
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    roseann4 said:

Hi Libby.
    I'm very sorry to hear what you are dealing with right now. Don't give up! My best advise is to take each day one at a time. Try to take a wait and see attitude. I know it is easier said than done. It may not be cancer and if it is they have treatments and are coming out with new ones all the time. If you are really freaking out, ask you oncologist for anxiety meds. You deserve all the help you can get to help you deal with this uncertainty. Isn't the uncertainty the worst! Hugs, hugs, hugs.

Roseann

♥ Libby ♥
    I am so sorry Libby that you have to go thru this. Try to take it one day at a time. Your bc sisters here are sending you prayers and positive thoughts! Praying for you!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

So sorry
    to hear that! I bet you are freaked out..Take one step at a time.
    I pray that it is not as bad as we can guess!
    Keep us posted.

So sorry about your news.
    So sorry about your news. Praying for you Libby!
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

♥ Libby ♥
    I am so sorry Libby that you have to go thru this. Try to take it one day at a time. Your bc sisters here are sending you prayers and positive thoughts! Praying for you!

Love, Jeanne ♥

thank you all so so very
    thank you all so so very much!!! I saw the neurosurgeon today. He wants to move FAST and waste no time at all. He scheduled my surgery for next thursday, will be overnight in ICU. Wanted to do it sooner but worried about the amount of advil Ive been taking making my blood thin and cause bleeding. He is scheduling me for the MRI of my spine sooner like tomorrow or friday then he will decide on doing the spinal tap again or not. So until the surgery I cant take anything for the pain! Im still freaking out but feeling more positive, I can beat this!!!! Just getting past next week will make it easier!!!

♥♥♥ Thanks again -- yall are the bestestttttt

Libby
  • ms_independent
    ms_independent Member Posts: 214
    Options

thank you all so so very
    thank you all so so very much!!! I saw the neurosurgeon today. He wants to move FAST and waste no time at all. He scheduled my surgery for next thursday, will be overnight in ICU. Wanted to do it sooner but worried about the amount of advil Ive been taking making my blood thin and cause bleeding. He is scheduling me for the MRI of my spine sooner like tomorrow or friday then he will decide on doing the spinal tap again or not. So until the surgery I cant take anything for the pain! Im still freaking out but feeling more positive, I can beat this!!!! Just getting past next week will make it easier!!!

Libby

so sorry
    so sorry you have to deal with this. But, i am glad you got in to see the neurosurgeon so quickly. and glad your treatment will begin soon---at least the waiting is not as long as it often is. about the pain, I know you can't take advil and other nsaids but, there is no reason (at least related to surgery) that you can't take something like vicodin. You have enough to deal with without having to be in pain. Talk to your docs and get something to help you be more comfortable. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hugs, El
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    sorry you have to go through this
    and can't add much more than what has already been posted. Freaking out is understandable. Hang in there, I know easier said than done. Hurry up and wait. and waiting is the pits.

We are all here for you, let us know how things are going.
    Will have you in my prayers.

Freak away
    Cat
  • Deb1969
    Deb1969 Member Posts: 165
    Options
    cats_toy said:

sorry you have to go through this
    and can't add much more than what has already been posted. Freaking out is understandable. Hang in there, I know easier said than done. Hurry up and wait. and waiting is the pits.

We are all here for you, let us know how things are going.
    Will have you in my prayers.

Freak away
    Cat

Stay strong and positive.
    Stay strong and positive. You are in my prayers.
    Deb
  • m-star
    m-star Member Posts: 441
    Options
    Deb1969 said:

Stay strong and positive.
    Stay strong and positive. You are in my prayers.
    Deb

Libby,im so sorry about your
    Libby,im so sorry about your dx but you seem a strong,positive woman and you WILL beat this,like you say!
    Sending warm hugs from 'across the pond'

(((Kay)))
  • canoegirl
    canoegirl Member Posts: 169
    Options

thank you all so so very

Libby

Libby, Sorry for your Dx.
    Libby, Sorry for your Dx. Sending prayers and good vibes your way!
    Hugs,
    Marcy
  • Cindy Ann
    Cindy Ann Member Posts: 101
    Options
    You Will Get throuhg this!!
    Libby I am praying for you. You can do this you have no choice your in it already. Not everything is as bad as the doctors say. I have already realized during the beginning of my journey it in my mind is always worse then it is. Scream, cry, and do what ever makes you feel better. I know until you see the Neuro doc you will be terrified. It's ok. I have had 2 spinal taps with myelograms in my life. Hit by a drunk driver and blew a disc in my neck. They are not bad. Just remember to drink lots of fluids after and ask for pain med in case of headache. I am a big chicken and threw up all the way to the table for my 1st myelogram. It wasn't as bad as I thought. You have been through worse already. Also your Neuro may not decide you need that test. He is the expect in the brain not your other doc's.. Listen to him before anything else..Take care of yourself.. Keep us updated..

Blessings and hugs!!!
    Cindy Ann
  • NancyJane4
    NancyJane4 Member Posts: 14
    Options

thank you all so so very

Libby

Prayers..
    Your in my thoughts and prayers.
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Libby
    Thanks for posting your update, and I'm glad to hear that you're feeling at least a little less freaked out. It sounds like your doctors are taking every precaution and treating whatever this is agressively, which is very good news.

I will continue to pray for you to get past this new hurdle and restore your peace of mind.

Big Hugs,
    Cindy
  • woodstork44
    woodstork44 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Lilly
    keep the faith. You are in my prayers. I am lucky I'm cancer free and had to conquer Breast and thymus cancer You can beat this... Don;t give up
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

Lilly
    keep the faith. You are in my prayers. I am lucky I'm cancer free and had to conquer Breast and thymus cancer You can beat this... Don;t give up

Libby
    Hang in there! As the others have said, one step, one day at a time. You have a large circle of sisters/brothers with their arms wrapped around you while you conquer through this. Please keep us updated.
    Prayers & Hugz,
    Cat